Outlander's changed how I drive...or not.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kljasdfbkjaaalke

After getting the Outlander I drive with an egg under my sole aiming at 100% EV and extending the range.
Every time the ICE starts has been a fail.

But today the wife asked me to go get some grocery.
Me all alone in the car. No kids, no wife, no luggage.
So...
Off with Eco. Turn off the screen with all the eco info. Music On. Vol@45(max). 4wd On.
Lets burn fuel!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :eek: :eek: :shock: :D
Felt like a kid again.

I spent the first month watching the fuel consumption and trying to decide when to press "Save" - now I just drive it - it is actually quite a decent performer.

I, too, started off driving as though I was on black ice, with one eye constantly flicking to the dash, in pursuit of maximum EV range, and fuel efficiency. I still like to use regen braking rather than the foot brake where possible, but now find I'm happy to treat it as any other car, now I know what the long-term efficiency is likely to be. For my pattern of use, that's working out to be about 50 mpg. Result!!!

Does regen' braking make the brake lights come on to make people aware you're slowing down etc?

After all, it is a kind of 'brake', isn't it?? :?

Goldfinger said:
Does regen' braking make the brake lights come on to make people aware you're slowing down etc?

After all, it is a kind of 'brake', isn't it?? :?
Unfortunately not. Keep aware of following traffic, and only use it if it's unlikely anyone will drive into the back of you! It's much akin to using engine braking in a manual gearbox car.

Back