Pairing iPhone app with car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonaC

H all,

Just picked up my PHEV yesterday, and have quickly come to terms with most of the functionality - so far a happy camper!
However, I haven't had any success with connecting registering the app with the car.
My understanding is that 1) You sit in the car, door closed. 2) you set the start button to 'ACC', i.e. orange light. 3) you press the lock\unlock button alternately 5 times, starting with lock.
This is where I get stuck, as I receive no confirmation that the car is ready for registration. I've tried this with and without the charging cable plugged in. Also, I've made sure that I unregister my iPhone from my home network first (although this step comes later). What am I missing?

Cheers,
J

Hi JonaC,

Take a look at this link;

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/

It explains all the features of the remote app, iOS & Android.

You need to access the PHEV's wifi first on your phone so it's communicating with the car before those steps will work i.e., pressing lock/unlock. The PHEV's SSID should show up on your phone. Only 2 devices can be registered to your PHEV.

Good luck!

C

Back