People with Evbatmon or Phev watchdog or other please help.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trex said:
Ok, if the PHEV Watchdog is reading those temps correctly I would be starting to worry. I have not seen those temps on my PHEV. Highest I have seen are around 36C from memory on the battery on a 42C (Got to 47C in Penrith which is in western Sydney) ambient temp day here. The A/C on the case was running and could be seen on the MMCS display when cabin A/C was turned off.

But I would not be surprised if Watchdog was reading those temps incorrectly as you have a new model that has been brought into a different market than ours here.
Trex - you may be on to something here. I upgraded to V0.9.2 of the watchdog last night and did a little bit of driving today. It was another 72°F/22°C day but the battery was tagged at 39°C before I used it. The new battery display appears to show temperature data for the entire pack, but doesn't show voltages for 3 of the 'blocks' of cells (1-5 are reflected; 6-8 are blank and 0V). The total pack voltage looks legit, though.

I may have to find a dongle that'll let me capture CAN data, and I may need to ping you or anko for a tutorial on what data to pull.

AndyH said:
Trex said:
Ok, if the PHEV Watchdog is reading those temps correctly I would be starting to worry. I have not seen those temps on my PHEV. Highest I have seen are around 36C from memory on the battery on a 42C (Got to 47C in Penrith which is in western Sydney) ambient temp day here. The A/C on the case was running and could be seen on the MMCS display when cabin A/C was turned off.

But I would not be surprised if Watchdog was reading those temps incorrectly as you have a new model that has been brought into a different market than ours here.
Trex - you may be on to something here. I upgraded to V0.9.2 of the watchdog last night and did a little bit of driving today. It was another 72°F/22°C day but the battery was tagged at 39°C before I used it. The new battery display appears to show temperature data for the entire pack, but doesn't show voltages for 3 of the 'blocks' of cells (1-5 are reflected; 6-8 are blank and 0V). The total pack voltage looks legit, though.

I may have to find a dongle that'll let me capture CAN data, and I may need to ping you or anko for a tutorial on what data to pull.

Yes Andy those temps are not tallying up IMO and I do not think Watchdog is reading them correctly.

You could go to a dealer and get him to print off the BMU data from the MUT-III which shows:

This is from my battery report.

BMU Data List
No 8 Module maximum temp
No 9 Maximum temp module ID
No 10 Module minimum temp
No 11 Minimum temp module ID

Then by comparing a CANBUS reading from say Watchdog or captured data from your OBD adaptor it may be able to be sorted out.

Anko is the one to talk to about this stuff. Watchdog and Evbatmon come from his research as far as I know.

Hi guys. My obd reader came today - the konnwei kw902. I have access to iOS or Android so which app is better/easier to use etc please - pros and cons? I am particularly interested in my battery health.
Thanks
H

I'm new to this too, but I did get a WiFi Konnwei KW902 for use on our Zoe. I've been reading up about the apps, and I think the iOS version needs WiFi and the Android one uses Bluetooth. The Android version's almost half the price of the iOS version!

Trex said:
AndyH said:
Trex said:

Yes Andy those temps are not tallying up IMO and I do not think Watchdog is reading them correctly.

You could go to a dealer and get him to print off the BMU data from the MUT-III which shows:

This is from my battery report.

BMU Data List
No 8 Module maximum temp
No 9 Maximum temp module ID
No 10 Module minimum temp
No 11 Minimum temp module ID

Then by comparing a CANBUS reading from say Watchdog or captured data from your OBD adaptor it may be able to be sorted out.

Anko is the one to talk to about this stuff. Watchdog and Evbatmon come from his research as far as I know.
Trex - Daniel continues to work to get the Dog talking to the US spec cars. The battery temp min/max on the main Dog screen appears to be 20-25°C high relative to the numbers from the battery map. Disco's back, baby! :lol:

https://youtu.be/lpXsus8dBfI

Back