permanent 'live' supply

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

Havn't got the car yet but trying to plan a few things e.g. I was hoping to run my blackvue dashcam from a power magic so it will run whilst parked with voltage protection/cut off etc. The power magic needs a permanent live and a switched supply. Are there any accessible permanent supplies to tap?
Thanks, Nigel.

I was considering something when fitting my Mini 0805 dashcam. I think a permanent live might be available behind the roof light but I as I just needed a switched live I ran it down to the ciggy lighter socket.

Nope, 'fraid not. I'm sure there's somewhere a permanent live could be found, but I haven't needed one, so haven't looked! sorry.

I'm sure the lead to the power outlet under the dash can be made a permanent live one by connecting it to another fuse in the fuse box - ask your dealer.

jaapv said:
I'm sure the lead to the power outlet under the dash can be made a permanent live one by connecting it to another fuse in the fuse box - ask your dealer.
Yea, I did that in my Fluence Z.E. because i also run my dashcams (front and back) from lighter/USB adapter...

Since I will be giving the Fluence back after I get the Outlander, I might just change out the fuses in question. I did a nice looking soldering job on that "current thieve" back then ;)

Nigel said:
Havn't got the car yet but trying to plan a few things e.g. I was hoping to run my blackvue dashcam from a power magic so it will run whilst parked with voltage protection/cut off etc. The power magic needs a permanent live and a switched supply. Are there any accessible permanent supplies to tap?
Thanks, Nigel.

The easiest place to get a permanent live supply is behind the Hazard switch

Back