PHEV's on ebay

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispyduck

I was surprised to see on ebay UK three PHEV's with low mileage for immediate sale. Given the scarceness of the cars I thought the dealers would hang on to them for longer.

There was a GX3h with less than 3k miles for the £28,249 full price.

Worth a look if you can't wait for the long delivery.

they are pretty much list price, though. I guess they are clearing out their demonstrators while they are still on the current plate in readiness for the new 64 plate series.

they are pretty much list price, though
Well that's encouraging, and in line with my expectations. Early days yet though - will be interesting to see what values are doing this time next year.

Im interested in 3-5 years down the line.
Especially with an aging battery. Think it could really hit the resale value.

Yes Eggtastico, that will be the next stage and that's harder to call than the short-term. And with so many being company cars there will probably be plenty available on the used market by 3 years, with lease companies shifting them through the auctions in numbers.

On the upside there will still be little competition in the private market for people who want a very cheap to run car for what, £10k-ish, especially if they want 4 wheel drive. And with the 5 year hybrid component guarantee it's not inconceivable that some will be hitting the market with newly replaced batteries.

Truthfully I think it's one to either buy and keep for the long term or move it on within 3 years. Or take the safe route and lease it, let the finance company take the risk.

Out of interest - those who have bought your cars on PCP or equivalent - what sort of GMFV's are you getting?

maddogsetc said:
Out of interest - those who have bought your cars on PCP or equivalent - what sort of GMFV's are you getting?
Hi,
I was quoted a GFV of about £13,200 on a gx4h but ended up paying cash as I thought the savings made sense over leasing (for me at least).
Kind regards,
Mark

I don't think you should worry too much about depreciation beyond 3 years. The Toyota Prius seems to be holding its value really well; even the 2nd gen 1.5 petrol one's which by all accounts are far inferior to the 2009-on 1.8's

I was quoted a GFV of about £13,200 on a gx4h but ended up paying cash as I thought the savings made sense over leasing (for me at least).
I think that's round about the figure that I used in my calculations so good to know. I took the 0% HP option, had anticipated doing the 3 year deal but when it came down to it, couldn't stomach the £4k interest charge.

david1972 said:
I don't think you should worry too much about depreciation beyond 3 years. The Toyota Prius seems to be holding its value really well; even the 2nd gen 1.5 petrol one's which by all accounts are far inferior to the 2009-on 1.8's

That's good to know as we have one of those (2006) with 137K on clock! Will either keep it till it dies or replace with something electric that can cope with a 35 mile each way motorway commute (at 80+) without charging in between (once something like that is available)...

H

Hypermiler said:
That's good to know as we have one of those (2006) with 137K on clock! Will either keep it till it dies or replace with something electric that can cope with a 35 mile each way motorway commute (at 80+) without charging in between (once something like that is available)...

H

It is now - at a price - Tesla... It doesn't make any sort of economic sense unless you would be buying a sports car anyway.

maby said:
Hypermiler said:

H

It is now - at a price - Tesla... It doesn't make any sort of economic sense unless you would be buying a sports car anyway.

Really? I think it makes complete sense!

I would have bought one instead of the PHEV, but basically I was $150 a week short when combined with electric and fuel over our CX7. Not to mention the fact they weren't available now and we needed it now. SWMBO also decided it was not a good idea to have a car that was worth 1/2 of the cost of our house either... (I disagreed)

thegurio said:
maby said:
Hypermiler said:

H

Really? I think it makes complete sense!

I would have bought one instead of the PHEV, but basically I was $150 a week short when combined with electric and fuel over our CX7. Not to mention the fact they weren't available now and we needed it now. SWMBO also decided it was not a good idea to have a car that was worth 1/2 of the cost of our house either... (I disagreed)

Given that it has no petrol engine, a range of less than 300 miles and even a fast charge is going to take upwards of half an hour, it is a very expensive second car - you try driving one to the South of France on holiday and see how far you get! As someone who does drive in London moderately frequently, I can see the justification in something small, basic and cheap with a range approaching 100 miles, but anything pure electric costing more than a few thousand pounds is a waste of money until the charging network is as universal as petrol stations currently are and the time to fully charge the car is reduced to something comparable with the time to fill up a petrol tank.

Hard to believe that someone is trying to sell the free PHEV brochure on ebay!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-OUTLANDER-PHEV-HYBRID-ELECTRIC-BROCHURE-x-2-/281408861681?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item41854675f1

rjs104 said:
That ebay posting is the definition of optimism!

:D

R

Probably, though I've seen empty cardboard boxes fetch a good price on eBay. High end electronics like good hi-fi or laboratory equipment will fetch a better price second hand if sold in the original packaging and I've seen the empty box that once contained an expensive amplifier fetch a few pounds!

Back