Phone App. * Merged topic*

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnut

I am getting a bit disillusioned with Cirencester so called Tach department.
I CANNOT get my Sony Xperia C1905 to connect to the car.
Dealer has tried for a total of 90 minutes and it just won't grap it.
I 'phoned Mitsu Customer Help (or whatever they are called, only to be told that they had never heard of the problem. The chap said he was on his 5th PHEV and never had a problem with connecting various phones.
Dealer tells me they have sold 180 PHEVs and NEVER had a problem with any 'phone, old, new, Android or i-phone.
Emailed Dealer on 5th Feb asking him to take it up with Cirencester. Chased Dealer todasy, replied almost immediately nothing heard from Tech Department.
Is there a telecom genius out there with any ideas?
Phone details are:=
Sony Xperia M C1905
Android version 4.3
Baseband version2.22.J.1.18_8x30M:1721632.43.00.000424_A:1721632.43.00.001912
Kernel version 3.4.0
user@su-buildpc-02(hash sign)1 (no hash key on my Mac keyboard)
Fri May 12:55:32CST2014
Build number 15.4.A.1.9

I am getting a bit disillusioned with Cirencester so called Tech department.
I CANNOT get my Sony Xperia C1905 to connect to the car.
Dealer has tried for a total of 90 minutes and it just won't grab it.
I 'phoned Mitsu Customer Help (or whatever they are called,) only to be told that they had never heard of the problem. The chap said he was on his 5th PHEV and never had a problem with connecting various phones. Very helpful-NOT!
Dealer tells me they have sold 180 PHEVs and NEVER had a problem with any 'phone, old, new, Android or i-phone.
Emailed Dealer on 5th Feb asking him to take it up with Cirencester. Chased Dealer today, replied almost immediately, nothing heard from Tech Department.
Is there a telecom genius out there with any ideas? App has been uninstalled, re-installed, Dealer has done everything he can think of (& he has an ex EE man on staff, who also tried everything he can think of.) EE chap said the only thing he can think of is that Android 'Jellybean' is too old (WOT? at 18 months???) to connect with car. If this is the case It is a serious manufacturing fault on Mitsubishi's part. Ther must be loads of people out there with older 'phones than mine.
Phone details are:=
Any help gratefully received

Sony Xperia M C1905
Android version 4.3
Baseband version2.22.J.1.18_8x30M:1721632.43.00.000424_A:1721632.43.00.001912
Kernel version 3.4.0
user@su-buildpc-02(hash sign)1 (no hash key on my Mac keyboard)
Fri May 12:55:32CST2014
Build number 15.4.A.1.9.

Lots of info about the service from the dealers but not much about the actual issue and what has been tried before and so on.

So perhaps start from the top?

Presumably you switch wifi on in your phone.
(You have no problem connecting the phone to your home wifi and using the internet etc?)

In the list of networks you can see the cars wifi (REMOTExxxx or whatever yours is)?

Thanks Bob,
What has been tried before is below, as already stated*. I can only asume that the Sales Manager knows what he is doing.He appears, to my untrained eye to do everything as is laid out in the instructions for connection.
Yes wi-fi on
Yes wi-fi works with router/computer
Connection is made with RemoteXXXX and it gets to the stage where the blue 'connection' line starts running but never completes the operation. So the car and 'phone are in communication.
This also occurred with my tablet which is running 4.4 Kitkat Dealer tried 50 odd times and eventually got tablet connected.
As far as the 'phone is concerned, * he just kept trying in total for 2hours plus (1 hour on 2 occasions) and every time the same thing happened. Car and 'phone connected, blue line starts going left to right and then 'PLOP' and it falls out.
Can't tell you any more.
Dealer has sold 180 PHEVs and never had a problem and last attempt he had his new salesman, an ex EE employee who also tried but the only conclusion he could come to was that 'Jellybean' simply would not work with the car, which I find unbelievable.

Carnut said:
I 'phoned Mitsu Customer Help (or whatever they are called,) only to be told that they had never heard of the problem. The chap said he was on his 5th PHEV and never had a problem with connecting various phones. Very helpful-NOT!
If the tech support people from Mitsubishi themselves do not know about the problem, it does not make a lot of sense to ask us, Carnut. If they don't know about the problem, the problem does not exist. I mean, they are the experts, not us. Or have you changed your mind about them? :mrgreen:

I am still waiting patiently after nearly a week to hear from Cirencester via Poole Mitsubishi.
I only asked on line since there seems to be so many clever technical people out there, or perhaps someone else has had the same problem and solved it.
I really don't see why I should have to spend £100s on a new mobile just to get something to workthat should work anyway.

I don't think it's exclusively a Mitsubishi problem, you know! Android smartphones are very much a moving target and it is very difficult to promise compatibility across every model that has ever been built. I hate Apple, but they do have the advantage of a single supplier and relatively few versions of the operating system in circulation.

To change Wi-Fi sleep policy

Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
Press option button/icon
Tap Advanced.
Tap Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep.
Select always

turn off wifi optimisation. Then turned it back on again, then reboot phone.

It looks like it is a software issue with some phones latest firmware. A lot of people are having wifi problems with their phone, so you are not alone. I found this post... may be worth investigating, although not the same model, it may give some clues. Try disabling Bluetooth first, maybe?

Jeff

The Problem seems to be a clash between Bluetooth and WiFi.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Wifi-obtaining-ip-address-loop/m-p/747585?sl=y&sso_no_log=y

Downgrade fimware is the solution.

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE 2 LAST FIRMWARE (FROM 17.1.1.A.0.402).

When you use BLUETOOTH for example with SWR10 or OTHER BLUETOOTH BRACELET, THE WIFI DOESN'T WORK and the solution is DOWNGRADE to the firmware 17.1.A.2.55.

UNQUOTE

Couple of things I would try.

1. Sit in the car whilst trying to connect. Phones seem to need a strong connection to the car. If you just have a signal and no more, it won't work.

2. If possible, drive to an area without other wifi signals. Phones will often try to connect to the strongest signal, whether you want them to or not. They also don't like connections that don't connect to the internet. It's also possible that a button was pressed that told the phone not to use the car's network again because the first time there was no internet connection.

3. Let the app connect to the wifi rather than you connecting to the car in the wifi settings. The app will disconnect from whatever the phone is already connected to for you.

On the Play Store, there were several reports that the app wouldn't connect to Android 6 Marshmallow but using the above, I got my Nexus 6 up and running OK. Once connected the phone wanted to send an update to the car, I couldn't get that bit to work while I was still in range of the house wifi, it wouldn't stay connected to the car long enough.

My dealer gave up too!!

It is possible that you have 2 devices already connected. There is a beep times indicator in the setup procedure. You might want to also check how many phones have been paired.

Thanks to Jeff, Moctu & Kim.
Jeff wi-fi set up is already as you suggested.
I have passed URL onto Poole Mitsubishi & asked them to send to Cirencester.

Moctu Thanks for those tips I will try them. Interestingly the Sales Manager could not get my tablet connected after trying for 45 minutes, we went for a drive and on return he reversed up to showroom window , whereas when he first tried we were facing the showroom and in a different parking space.
So your comments/suggestions may well be very valid. Thanks.

Kim
App has been uninstalled-reinstalled 3 times, thanks for the thought.
Unfortunately, when we were trying the ex EE salesman logged his 'phone in and forgot to remove it so that with my tablet have taken up the available 2 spaces on the car.
I do have the instructions to remove one, but am afraid I might remove the tablet as well. So I may wait until I can get the dealer to unmount his 'phone.
Thanks agin all for your help.
Cheers,
Colin.

I have done as the URL says. here
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/pro ... jizen.html

But how do you get into the ....."Registration DeletionMode". I have nothing on my 2015 PHEV that I can see to get into this mode and until I can, I can go no further.
I deleted VIN on the APP on my tablet last night, thinking it would give me the option to clear ONE of the logged in mobiles. In this case the salesman's.
But it wiped the lot and I now cannot get Tablet or 'phone to connect.
I went and sat in the car as suggested far away from any wi-fi interference and it still does not work. This system is a frustrating bluddy JOKE!
Cirencester have STILL not come back with ANY comment or help or instructions to my Dealer. Over a week now. Pathetic and unacceptable (lack of) service.
I have never suffered such stress and annoyance with any of the 72 cars I have owned.
Roll on the Yeti Kodiak then it will be bye bye Mitsubishi!

Jeff,
That was the URL I posted above(don't know why it is showing truncated).
If you read down the web page it says....
Go to
"Registration Deletion Mode".
My question is 'how do I get into
'Registration Deletion Mode'?
I can not find this mode!
Anybody any ideas? Or is this, once again, an English language web page that does not apply to the UK? Or is it for an older model?

Hi,

OK, it must be me . . . isn't the instruction 3/4 of the way down the page? - immediately after the grey box stating "Registration has been completed". Maybe a little Japlish :) but I read Step 2 is the Registration Deletion Mode.

It goes step-by-step -

You can initialize and delete the registration information in your vehicle for the Mitsubishi Remote Control. (Reset to the factory setting.)

If you need to only delete a specific registration of wireless device, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of the Mitsubishi Remote Control Application.

-Caution-
When you delete the registration information of your wireless device, the set schedule (e.g.: Timer charge schedule) will be cleared, and wireless LAN communication will be stopped.)
(Your wireless device will not find the vehicle SSID when searching for it.)

Procedure of Registration Deletion

STEP1
Turn on Hazard lamp.

STEP2
Setup your vehicle to delete the registration information.
(Perform this operation while the driver-side door is closed.)
Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds, press LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 10 times in total.

Delete the registration information.
Registration Deletion Mode
Buzzer sounds according to the number of the registered wireless LAN devices.
"Registration Deletion Mode" ends 5 minutes after the buzzer sounds.

No registration : 1 beep
1 device has been registered : 2 beeps
2 devices have been registered : 3 beeps

STEP3
Enter "Registration Deletion Mode," then within 5 minutes, press the LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 20 times in total.

Deletion of registration information
Buzzer sounds if registration information is deleted completely. (1beep)
"Registration Deletion Mode" ends by turning off the Hazard lamp and pressing the power switch to OFF.

If you want to continue to use the Mitsubishi Remote Control Application after the registration information is deleted from the vehicle, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of Mitsubishi Remote Control Application, and you need to register your wireless device to your vehicle again.

Carnut said:
I have never suffered such stress and annoyance with any of the 72 cars I have owned.
Roll on the Yeti Kodiak then it will be bye bye Mitsubishi!

I'm curious - why would anyone want or need to own 72 cars in a lifetime (more than one year :eek: ) unless they were a fleet owner/millionaire collector - or perhaps a demolition derby driver :lol:

Back