Phone App. * Merged topic*

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jthspace said:
Hi,

OK, it must be me . . . isn't the instruction 3/4 of the way down the page? - immediately after the grey box stating "Registration has been completed". Maybe a little Japlish :) but I read Step 2 is the Registration Deletion Mode.

It goes step-by-step -

You can initialize and delete the registration information in your vehicle for the Mitsubishi Remote Control. (Reset to the factory setting.)

If you need to only delete a specific registration of wireless device, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of the Mitsubishi Remote Control Application.

-Caution-
When you delete the registration information of your wireless device, the set schedule (e.g.: Timer charge schedule) will be cleared, and wireless LAN communication will be stopped.)
(Your wireless device will not find the vehicle SSID when searching for it.)

Procedure of Registration Deletion

STEP1
Turn on Hazard lamp.

STEP2
Setup your vehicle to delete the registration information.
(Perform this operation while the driver-side door is closed.)
Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds, press LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 10 times in total.

Delete the registration information.
Registration Deletion Mode
Buzzer sounds according to the number of the registered wireless LAN devices.
"Registration Deletion Mode" ends 5 minutes after the buzzer sounds.

No registration : 1 beep
1 device has been registered : 2 beeps
2 devices have been registered : 3 beeps

STEP3
Enter "Registration Deletion Mode," then within 5 minutes, press the LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 20 times in total.

Deletion of registration information
Buzzer sounds if registration information is deleted completely. (1beep)
"Registration Deletion Mode" ends by turning off the Hazard lamp and pressing the power switch to OFF.

If you want to continue to use the Mitsubishi Remote Control Application after the registration information is deleted from the vehicle, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of Mitsubishi Remote Control Application, and you need to register your wireless device to your vehicle again.

This is the procedure I had to use to delete paired app devices on my PHEV. BTW my last, current PHEV was a MMC fleet car, and all the phone slots were full as well. I ended up doing a factory reset to delete the paired phones, but have since seen a manual delete paired device in one of the phone menus.

greendwarf said:
Carnut said:
I have never suffered such stress and annoyance with any of the 72 cars I have owned.
Roll on the Yeti Kodiak then it will be bye bye Mitsubishi!

I'm curious - why would anyone want or need to own 72 cars in a lifetime (more than one year :eek: ) unless they were a fleet owner/millionaire collector - or perhaps a demolition derby driver :lol:

I think the clue is in his nickname...

jthspace
I think the problem is that to remove an existing 'phone it must be present. As I removed (by accident -since rectified) my tablet.
Since the other 'phone installed is a Galaxy 4 which I have never owned, I can only assume that it belongs to the Mitsubishi Manager who previously ran the car and forgot to remove his 'phone.
Since I cannot get hold of his 'phone I am stumped. But there must be a way to delete anon present 'phone??
Greendwarf
The clue is in my 'nom de plume'.
I started driving at 17. I worked for Shell for 21 years and had company cars, my own car and wifey's car. The marriage lasted 6 year longer than the job so at least I no longer have the outlay of an adulterous, spendthrift wife,

So for the last 19 years I have continued to have two cars. Latest is my 3rd Stag (consecutive I hasten to add, not all at once)
I don't smoke, I don't drink (about 2 pints a month if that counts) don't gamble and because I have had rescued dogs all my life, do not tend to go on many holidays & only if I can take hound with me and I don't play golf or sail. So cars are my hobby. I am certainly not a millionaire, nor have I ever written off a car!
My youngest son, although he tells me I could be living in a much better post divorce house had I not 'wasted' all my money on cars, is 44 years old and on his 15th car .
Pot, kettle & black spring to mind!
Oh yes & I had 4 motor bikes in my long lost past as well.
So you see I am simply a CARNUT!

gwatpe said:
jthspace said:
Hi,

OK, it must be me . . . isn't the instruction 3/4 of the way down the page? - immediately after the grey box stating "Registration has been completed". Maybe a little Japlish :) but I read Step 2 is the Registration Deletion Mode.

It goes step-by-step -

You can initialize and delete the registration information in your vehicle for the Mitsubishi Remote Control. (Reset to the factory setting.)

If you need to only delete a specific registration of wireless device, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of the Mitsubishi Remote Control Application.

-Caution-
When you delete the registration information of your wireless device, the set schedule (e.g.: Timer charge schedule) will be cleared, and wireless LAN communication will be stopped.)
(Your wireless device will not find the vehicle SSID when searching for it.)

Procedure of Registration Deletion

STEP1
Turn on Hazard lamp.

STEP2
Setup your vehicle to delete the registration information.
(Perform this operation while the driver-side door is closed.)
Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds, press LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 10 times in total.

Delete the registration information.
Registration Deletion Mode
Buzzer sounds according to the number of the registered wireless LAN devices.
"Registration Deletion Mode" ends 5 minutes after the buzzer sounds.

No registration : 1 beep
1 device has been registered : 2 beeps
2 devices have been registered : 3 beeps

STEP3
Enter "Registration Deletion Mode," then within 5 minutes, press the LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 20 times in total.

Deletion of registration information
Buzzer sounds if registration information is deleted completely. (1beep)
"Registration Deletion Mode" ends by turning off the Hazard lamp and pressing the power switch to OFF.

If you want to continue to use the Mitsubishi Remote Control Application after the registration information is deleted from the vehicle, it is necessary to use the "Cancel VIN Registration" in "Settings" of Mitsubishi Remote Control Application, and you need to register your wireless device to your vehicle again.

This is the procedure I had to use to delete paired app devices on my PHEV. BTW my last, current PHEV was a MMC fleet car, and all the phone slots were full as well. I ended up doing a factory reset to delete the paired phones, but have since seen a manual delete paired device in one of the phone menus.

The procedure above will delete device pairing for the remote control, when you no longer have a device. My car was no different to yours with phones registered for the remote control app that belonged to someone else. It is a bit tedious with the button pressing and the hazard with door shut and in ACC mode etc. "You do not need the device you do not have".

My first PHEV was not a demo and I had none of the app problems, although other problems eventually meant MMC replaced it with a demo unit, and I had to then go through a similar deletion process with the phone and the remote control app.

I have not used the Remote Control for over a year now and don't use pre-heat or pre-cooling or even the charge timer.

Carnut said:
[Greendwarf
I started driving at 17. I worked for Shell for 21 years and had company cars, my own car and wifey's car. The marriage lasted 6 year longer than the job so at least I no longer have the outlay of an adulterous, spendthrift wife,

So for the last 19 years I have continued to have two cars. Latest is my 3rd Stag (consecutive I hasten to add, not all at once)
I don't smoke, I don't drink (about 2 pints a month if that counts) don't gamble and because I have had rescued dogs all my life, do not tend to go on many holidays & only if I can take hound with me and I don't play golf or sail. So cars are my hobby. I am certainly not a millionaire, nor have I ever written off a car!
My youngest son, although he tells me I could be living in a much better post divorce house had I not 'wasted' all my money on cars, is 44 years old and on his 15th car .

Thanks - as I said, just curious ;)

It would appear that I am not alone.
Cirencester have still not had the courtesy to reply to either the dealer or me. nearly two weeks now. NOT IMPRESSED!

http://www.pluginhybrid.se/en/2016/01/14/remote-app-does-not-work-with-samsung-s6/#comment-52
Somebody in Mitsubishi needs to extract their digit.

greendwarf said:
Carnut said:
[Greendwarf

Thanks - as I said, just curious ;)
It would not be a bad idea to have three Stags at one time - at least you'd have a reasonable chance of being able to actually drive one... :lol:

)[/quote]It would not be a bad idea to have three Stags at one time - at least you'd have a reasonable chance of being able to actually drive one... :lol:[/quote]

Cheeky Boy!.

No real problems with any of them, but then I don't buy basket cases.None of them have ever overheated.
Current one for sale. Can deliver to the Netherlands ;) !! As a poor old Shell pensioner I have to refill the coffers after spending £27k on PHEV

Cirencester in touch with Dealer, they told Dealer to check if latest software was in car.
Went up to Dealer they checked and It is.
Dealer did not want to uninstall the previous owner's Samsung galaxy 4 as it would mean uninstalling my tablet. Since that had taken multiple attempts to link it, he did not want to risk having to do it all again. He said he could not get past the restriction page on my 'phone. By this time we were all getting a bit punch drunk.
So I came home, contemplating the outlay of £100's for a new 'phone and thought b@ll@x, I will uninstall everything as it had dawned on me that with Galaxy and my Samsung tablet installed there was no more space. I will risk it. So I did. Tried my Sony Xperia M C1905 and on the second attempt IT WORKED!!.
For some reason the Galaxy and my Sony must had had some sort of conflict within the car's system.
In the words of Lord Percy "Huzzah and Pippety-pip" (Blackadder) :D :D :D :D

Well......I WAS un 'til I tried to get the 'phone to talk to the car last night and the connection logo was RED. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and Nadda !
So I have given up! I cannot understand why it worked and then refused.
I have reconnected my Samsung Tablet and that works. I shall have to put up with that until I decide if it's worth buying a new 'phone JUST to talk to the car as the Sony works perfikly for everything else. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Vince,
You don't say what mak/model your 'phone is?
My Sony Xperia M C1905 has no such choice that I can find regarding avoiding poor wi-fi connections.
Surely you can't get better than sitting in the car and yet we tried for a total of 2 hours with nothing. Then all of a sudden it works. . I'm still awaiting comment from Sony but they will probably blame the app, the car or Mitsubishi. They never seem to take the blame themselves. We shall see!

My phone is an Android (OnePlus) but not a Sony, just thought it was worth a try. Another thing worth trying (if your up for it) on your phone is to go to your WiFi list and delete/forget all listed WiFis and see if that forces your phone to stay connected to the car WiFi. If it does then it shows that your phone was switching to another "prefered" signal when it had what it thought was a better WiFi choice available.
Personally, I think its because the car WiFi has no internet connection and your phone chooses to use another WiFi, or even its 3g or 4g mobile connection, because it thinks you always want the internet.
I had similar problems at first.

Your switching back to your primary home wifi as the signal is much stronger than the car.

on an android phone do the following;

1) Open settings
2) Open wifi
3) Long press on your home wifi network and uncheck the 'Auto Connect' option

Now you have full manual control over switching between networks, this should keep you connected to the PHEV while in range but low signal, you will just need to manually select your home wifi once done to get your internet back.

hope that helps :)

Thanks chaps.
I think I cracked it last night after receiving yesterday the (as I thought) useless and unhelpful response from Sony Xperia (un)help desk.
I had turned off the app, as by leaving it ticking over it is a battery guzzler (although the Xperia is supposed to auto close app that aren't used for a period of time, it does not seem to be capable of closing the PHEV app.)
I tried to open it and the blue 'slidey bar' got halfway and then dumped.
So I went into 'Wi-fi' and saw that the phone was picking up on my Orange home wi-fi (unsurprisingly!) So on the list was of available connections was the PHEV. I clicked on that, thereby turning off the connection to Orange .
I opened the app et voila! it connected.
So I really do hope that my problem is now solved, as it has been a right royal pain in the R se, for both me and my Dealer.
Thanks everybody for your input.
If it goes t*ts up again It will be a new 'phone.

Now it's my turn!

:evil:

The other day at a remote location I couldn't get my phone app to connect to the car, the usual rubbish error messages inc communicating with your other registered phone 16 miles away!

I've;

1. Deleted the app and reinstalled it - no change,
2. Carried out the Registration Deletion procedure using the hazard lights etc following which my ancient Huwaii Android immediately reconnected and in system shows only one device now registered.
3. Many attempts to re-register the Moto G3 (bought specifically for the PHEV as my preferred Windows phone can't have the app) have failed.

Remembered today that within the last week this phone has had a firmware upgrade and now wondering if this can be just a coincidence.

I think not!

What a PIA!

JimB

Back