Poor review from Clarkson

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:
Well what a surprise Clarkson didn't like it!

I have to say I like Clarkson, he makes me laugh and I am a bit of a petrol head and have similar likes for many things that he does, but on this occasion I will live with having a different opinion.

Once again though it seems the journeys on the test were not representative of the ideals of the car and not necessarily what the majority of owners will do with it. I, for one, don't expect miracles over long journeys and to suggest that you would use the charge button instead of plugging it in is ridiculous and I might even suggest that he hasn't driven it as you would have to try really hard to get the electric range to drop to 16 miles.

It's 'horses for courses'. I've had some doubts recently having sold my CLS and driving around in my in laws x-type for the next couple of months but I believe my driving pattern really makes sense for this car and despite a certain amount of jibing from friends I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

Roll on September.

I don't think that this review and the other one he refers to, and has a link at the side, understand the car at all. Firstly on the motorway even in save mode it doesn't just run on petrol, it runs as normal but maintains the charge level in the battery.

There are certainly things I would change but a BIK saving of £170 per month means I will live with them !

As usual typical Clarkson bullshit. He can't even get the facts right. PHEV does not have a CVT gearbox.
Even I don't leave in UK, I know PHEV costs £34,999 before government grant not after.
Who cares what he says :lol:

ufo said:
As usual typical Clarkson bullshit. He can't even get the facts right. PHEV does not have a CVT gearbox.
Even I don't leave in UK, I know PHEV costs £34,999 before government grant not after.
Hi

It drives as if it has a CVT gearboxas the engine isn't connected to the wheels in series hybrid mode.

I believe the GX4HS does cost £34,999 after grant in UK.

Kind regards
Mark

ufo said:
Hi

It drives as if it has a CVT gearbox as the engine isn't connected to the wheels in series hybrid mode.

I believe the GX4HS does cost £34,999 after grant in UK.

Kind regards
Mark

We all know Clarkson prefers unpractical cars that perform better on a circuit than in daily traffic. a bit of a petrolhead fossil, modern techniques are far above his head. Still, I find him quite entertaining, if taken in small doses.

Clarkson is an opinionated gobsh!te that has no ability to understand that other people may have different preferences to his own.
Kind regards
Mark

Clarkson is a stand-up comedian who is making a living proffering views that make his wide public roar with laughter. Taking him seriously is like taking Al Murray the pub landlord seriously. His line with EV is testing them on long range trips and lament lack of range, that despite the fact they are all for now meant for frequent short distance driving.

Curiously, he doesn't test Aston Martins as a typical school/work/shops runaround and wonder where the gas has gone and what the 6 speeds are there for.....

Jog on Jeremy....

Clarkson didn't like it! didn't see that coming :lol: He will really hate mine then with a caravan stuck on the back of it, especially if he's stuck behind me in his Aston Martin doing 10MPG :roll:

Back