Possible Noise from electric oil pump (please check yours)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george

Hi All, I have the PHEV since June 2014.
Months ago I started noticing a noise similar to the noise that I hear soon after braking.
(The servo brake has a compressor that works for few seconds after switching the car on and after long brakings.)
This new noise is absent when the PHEV is not moving, but it comes on as soon as it moves, even at very low speed. Then it stays on untill you stop.
Giving a look at the engine seems impossible, because I cannot stay there while moving....
The same noise is always present when the PHEV has the ICE on for charging (charge button) and stays on for few seconds after switching charging and ICE off. So I asked a person to switch on and off the charge button.
This noise seems to come from the electric pump for the cooling oil (see workshop manual).
In fact in the workshop manual I see that the cooling oil circuit has a chamber to suppress noise from oil pulsations...
The question is: do you hear the same? Is it normal or not?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Just to be clear, have you turned off the white noise generator that is supposed to make the car audible to pedestrians below 22mph?

PeterGalbavy said:
Just to be clear, have you turned off the white noise generator that is supposed to make the car audible to pedestrians below 22mph?

Obviously..

"Months ago I started noticing a noise similar to the noise that I hear soon after braking." say trrrrr...

I can hear both if I drive at very slow speed in a quiet road. Then tire noise overcomes both noises.
It is louder after cold start.

Back