Potholes

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

had to visit a farm and took a wrong turning went almost 3 miles along a tractor track with massive craters and slopping inclines etc outland coped very well our first off rd experience. [ground was hard no mud]

Now with it designed for off rd use in rugged terrain etc. What about potholes in normal rd's does it take them in its stride or do you have to steer round them like a normal car to avoid damage to wheels and suspension etc.

duetto said:
had to visit a farm and took a wrong turning went almost 3 miles along a tractor track with massive craters and slopping inclines etc outland coped very well our first off rd experience. [ground was hard no mud]

Now with it designed for off rd use in rugged terrain etc. What about potholes in normal rd's does it take them in its stride or do you have to steer round them like a normal car to avoid damage to wheels and suspension etc.

Think of it like this... Car is designed for higher ground clearance and 4x4 for crawling not high impact damage same as any car.

So, avoid pot holes like you would in any car. :D

Yes I also avoid potholes because the suspension doesn't seem to like hard bumps - especially "sleeping policemen". In fact, it performs worse than my previous Avensis estate which would happily drive over our local ones at 20mph with impunity. :eek:

MarkShelley said:
The damping can`t seem to keep up with sudden changes. Not refined at all.

+1, especially on 3rd world quality Sydney roads. It is the only thing that really turns me off about PHEV. Yes it turns corners much betther than many sedans but hey! this is not supposed to be a sports car. I would rather have a more pleasent ride and worse handling.

duetto said:

Actually it is not designed for serious off-road use (see the manual), although it is surprisingly capable.
It is more of an all-road car than an off-road one.

jaapv said:
duetto said:

Actually it is not designed for serious off-road use (see the manual), although it is surprisingly capable.
It is more of an all-road car than an off-road one.

I seem to remember a Mitsubishi advert describing it as a "soft roader"

For serious bush-bashing Mitsubishi offers the Pajero. We may well see a PHEV version in due time, I suppose.

Back