Problem with Main beam upgrade

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napton

I decided to upgrade my main beams with the Osram Night Breaker HB3 bulbs as recommended elsewhere on this forum. Simple change, but when I next used them, the beam was underneath the low beam, rather than above it, like extra fog lamps!?

Any ideas how this can happen?

I've put the originals back and they are working okay.

The fitting is so simple it is hard to see how I could have done it wrong, & the shape & size of the bulbs & holders look identical.

The symptoms you describe can only happen if the filaments in the bulb are not aligned correctly. :?

Compare one of your existing bulbs with one of your replacements and check the internals of the bulb are identical.
If they are then they should work fine.

Are you sure you put it on full beam & did not just turn the fog lights on :lol: :lol:

I had noticed that when testing LED main beam replacements that at one time, the original halogen lamp had gone in the wrong way as well. Just had to take it out and use a little more care re-inserting it. I think the beam was well down like a fog lamp as well. I now use a torch and have a look to make sure the tabs are aligned in the slots before rotating the lamp to seat it.

Back