Question on Driving and Charging in London, UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tun

Hello all... The excitement begins with the wait. Hopefully my order will come in within the next few weeks and I can start driving it clean smile emoticon

I have a few questions on driving and charging in London, UK;

1) Apart from Source London and Ecotricity, what other cards/memberships should I look into?
2) Apart from Westminister, which other Borough in London has free parking for Electric cars?
3) And, there are lots of new build flats in London which come with Charging point. Do you know if those are free and can we charge even if we don't live there?

Thanks....

In answer to your third question, I'm pretty sure the answer is NO...

They probably need a swipe card, that is if they are proper charging points and not some three-prong plug.

On point 1. I have those two cards. They're enough.

On point 2. I live in Westminster. Free parking is for electric cars only. Not hybrid

The resident parking permit is free however. Usually this is around £145 depending on your car type. Congestion charge is also exempted with a £10 per annum account fee.

On point 3. Don't know. The answer depends on the policy of each establishment I guess. Effectively you're stealing electricity if you're not authorised to use it.

Peleep said:
On point 1. I have those two cards. They're enough.

On point 2. I live in Westminster. Free parking is for electric cars only. Not hybrid

The resident parking permit is free however. Usually this is around £145 depending on your car type. Congestion charge is also exempted with a £10 per annum account fee.

On point 3. Don't know. The answer depends on the policy of each establishment I guess. Effectively you're stealing electricity if you're not authorised to use it.

Thanks!

Parking is free for hybrids in Pay & Display in Westminster for up to whatever the maximum time is (usually 4 hours).
I live in Chelsea and do it all the time.
However, I can't see it lasting given the proliferation of electric and hybrid cars so enjoy while you can. Outside my office in the West End there are 3 spots right outside- recently on a Friday morning there was a Leaf, Tesla and Smart electric in each of them.
The charging points are usually occupied and I never bother.

gobiman said:
Parking is free for hybrids in Pay & Display in Westminster for up to whatever the maximum time is (usually 4 hours).
I live in Chelsea and do it all the time.
However, I can't see it lasting given the proliferation of electric and hybrid cars so enjoy while you can. Outside my office in the West End there are 3 spots right outside- recently on a Friday morning there was a Leaf, Tesla and Smart electric in each of them.
The charging points are usually occupied and I never bother.

Thanks...

Back