Questions about battery degradation learnings

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambaman

Hello all,

Hi folks, my partner and I are considering buying a 2013 or 2014 Jananese import Outlander PHEV. The batteries have been changed in Japan before export and they are 2021 or 2022 batteries with 88 to 94 percent SOH. The kms are 90-120, depending on which vehicle we are talking about.

Firstly, I would like to hear if there has ever been any resolution to the faster than expected degradation of SOH due to conservative/buggy BMU programming?

Also, I would like to get opinions from folks here- should we do it, is it a reliable vehicle?

Our use will be this - mostly driving small hops with the occasional big trip, and using save mode and topping up the charge where possible. Occasionally there may be a high country mild dirt track back to a lake with a rooftop tent, or towing a load of soil or tools to a rural property, but those are not the primary use cases.

We are very aware of how fuel economy will suffer in those more extreme use cases.
Our main concern is reliability, safety and rate of battery degradation. What can folks here share with us to help us decide? Mind you, my first preference is a Hybrid RAV4, but it is out of my budget.

Back