Rear motor mounts worn...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltondrew

Hi All,

I’ve had my late 2015 PHEV for about 10 months and just had MOT done by the local Mitsubishi dealer. Only advisory was for worn and splitting bushes in the rear electric motor mounts. They wanted £200 to change even though still under warranty and only 22k miles. Apparently they are ‘wear and tear’; which seems a bit rich based on the low number of miles the vehicle has done! I’ve found one post on here from a couple of years back where it sounds like this has been done under warranty before. Before I go back to the dealer to negotiate I wonder if anyone else has had similar issues please? It sounds like a common ‘fault’? Though I can imagine that Mitsubishi would avoid putting this in writing - but would be happy to hear if anyone has had any luck in the past!

Cheers and seasoned greetings!

I've just had mine changed at 40k on my 2014 car, which I've had from new, at a similar price. I didn't think this unreasonable given the combination of age and mileage. Although it might seem 22k is a low mileage, everyone's usage is so different, I'm not surprised its classed as wear n tear rather than warranty but worth a punt, you've got nothing to lose (but your sanity :lol:)

I too have a 2015 car and just had mine changed at 117,500 miles, but they’ve been clonking for about 3 months (10k miles). Unfortunately I agree with others, these are a wear and tear item and £200 seems reasonable, but it is always worth a go to try and get a contribution through your warranty.

Motor mounts worn at 22k miles and then they call it wear and tear? Unless the car is heavily misused, this doesn't sound very reasonable (I would need to have them replaced twice a year in that case :lol: )

Mind that also wear and tear items should last a reasonable time. E.g. tires are without a doubt wear and tear items, nevertheless they are sold with warrantee. If you decide to drive like Jeremy Clarkson in maniac mode, obviously the warrantee wouldn't be of much use. With normal road usage the warrantee is valid and quite usually respected by suppliers.

22k on the smooth flat roads of Holland doesn't compare with the lunar landscape of our pot-holed roads in UK :roll:

Back