Rear parking sensor volume

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkh112

My GX3h was delivered today. The battery had hardly any charge so I only just managed to get home from work in ev mode, when I pulled onto the drive the battery range was showing --.--
First impressions are that the car is even quieter than I remember from the test drive and I am really pleased with amethyst black.
One thing I am not so happy with is the low volume of the rear parking sensors, they are really hard to hear. Does anyone know how the volume can be increased?

Hi,

My rear sensors are plenty loud. Mine are Mitsubishi originals.

Kind regards,
Mark

For completeness I thought I would updat ethis thread with my findings. The dealer thinks the sensors are not adjustable but is not sure!
The speaker is located behind the nearside trim in the boot.
I have taken off the trim panel and it turns out the sensors are a "Meta Easypark" unit and it has no volume adjustment.
It was stuck behind a metal bracket using velcro and sticky pads, so I have relocated the speaker unit in front of the bracket (still behind the trim panel) and it is a bit louder.
So it seems the standard fit rear parking sensors on UK GX3h outlanders are actually aftermarket units!

Back