Receiving texts through the car MMCS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 258

Hi,

In my previous car I got a notification on the car system that I had a text. I could then get the car to display it or even to read it out. I could then reply with a prior template text even while I was driving. After getting the PHEV I simply could not lose this facility.

My solution is an App for Android for £2.49 called SMS, my Car and Me. I have it set to activate when it detects my PHEV's bluetooth connection, and to simply read out all received texts over the MMCS. It all works to perfection. It does have optional voice control to ask if you want the text reading out aloud, or to reply with a template text. This seems to work on a very quick test I did but just having a text automatically read out is all I needed.

Hope this helps someone. No connection other than as a satisfied customer :)

Kind regards,
Mark

What a top tip - and what a good idea.

Downloading app now in anticipation of using it with my PHEV when it arrives :)

Cheers,

Richard

Great idea, can't see anything similar on the crapple store - would welcome any tips from anyone who's found an ios equivalent :mrgreen:

It looks like there is a perfect app called Drivesafe.ly but it's not available in the UK. I've contacted them through their website and they have responded very swiftly saying their working on it but don't have an ETA.

If you want to contact them to put a bit of pressure on and show the interest there is, email Vanessa at [email protected]

Cheers,

R

Back