Remote Control Registration/Deregistration Problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avesnes

Forum members,
Here's a problem I had not foreseen..........

Recent acquisition of car and I registered a Hudl tablet to the car using the downloaded app.

I then bought a new smart phone and registered that to the car.

So far no problems - both devices would connect to the car and operate correctly. (Two devices now registered with the car)

Now the problems start. The SD card holder (not containing a SD card) would not open so I returned it to the Vodafone shop where I was given another new phone but now containing my original sim card. I assumed that the car would accept the second phone because the sim card was the same as before.

The new phone would not connect because there are two devices already registered which is the most allowed. As I now don't have the original phone I am unable to register that phone which seems to be a prerequisite for deregistering.
So I connect the Hudl and deregister it which now allows me to register the second phone which is done successfully. I now have two phones registered but only one of which I can use.

But today the second phone (fully charged) will not switch on!! Assuming I get yet another new phone tomorrow, I can foresee not being able to use any device because the car once again has two registered devices.

Does any member know if it is possible to delete registered phones from the car without first connecting the device that is to be deregistered? There is nothing in the hand books and I could nothing on the Mitsubishi website for this problem concerning the Remote Control.

Thanks in advance for any comment/guidance.

avesnes said:
Forum members,
Here's a problem I had not foreseen..........

Recent acquisition of car and I registered a Hudl tablet to the car using the downloaded app.

I then bought a new smart phone and registered that to the car.

So far no problems - both devices would connect to the car and operate correctly. (Two devices now registered with the car)

Now the problems start. The SD card holder (not containing a SD card) would not open so I returned it to the Vodafone shop where I was given another new phone but now containing my original sim card. I assumed that the car would accept the second phone because the sim card was the same as before.

The new phone would not connect because there are two devices already registered which is the most allowed. As I now don't have the original phone I am unable to register that phone which seems to be a prerequisite for deregistering.
So I connect the Hudl and deregister it which now allows me to register the second phone which is done successfully. I now have two phones registered but only one of which I can use.

But today the second phone (fully charged) will not switch on!! Assuming I get yet another new phone tomorrow, I can foresee not being able to use any device because the car once again has two registered devices.

Does any member know if it is possible to delete registered phones from the car without first connecting the device that is to be deregistered? There is nothing in the hand books and I could nothing on the Mitsubishi website for this problem concerning the Remote Control.

Thanks in advance for any comment/guidance.

The 2 stage process at the end of this should clear all devices registered to the car in the cars memory. you then clear the app's memory by doing "cancel vin registration" in setup.

Then the phone and the app on the phone are clear and you can start registering devices again as usual.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

BobEngineer,
Many thanks for your reply. That looks like the answer - I'll have a go tomorrow. Thanks again
Avesnes

BobEngineer,
I followed the instructions and all is working correctly. Thanks again.
Avesnes

Hi Bob,
I also have the same problem logging my android smart phone in to the remote.
I have successfully logged in two phones up to now.
My phone has carried out an upgrade to its operating system and now when I log in to the remote it shows no phones registered.
I then went through the registration procedure and at stage 2 it stated that the allowed no of phones registered had been exceeded and to cancel one.
I have not been able to gain access to cancel one of these.
Do I have to start again by removing the registered vin no?
Regards,
Big John :?:

vickers7893 said:
Hi Bob,
I also have the same problem logging my android smart phone in to the remote.
I have successfully logged in two phones up to now.
My phone has carried out an upgrade to its operating system and now when I log in to the remote it shows no phones registered.
I then went through the registration procedure and at stage 2 it stated that the allowed no of phones registered had been exceeded and to cancel one.
Regards,

To be honest I don't know from experience as I have not been in that position. I suspect when your phone updated some sort of encryption certificate the app had stashed away on it got wiped.

I would follow the clear out procedure as posted and start afresh then re-register your two devices of choice, as monotonous as that is!

vickers7893 said:
.................My phone has carried out an upgrade to its operating system and now when I log in to the remote it shows no phones registered.
Regards,

This may help;

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2388&p=28921#p28921

I've 'bounced' it within the 'Tech' section to make it easier to find.

JimB

Thanks for all your help fellas.
Have tried the guidance from Mitsubishi today but am still not connecting with the car. The app. continues to show that I need to cancel one of the phones registered!
Has anyone any other ideas? :(

Big John
GX3+h
MY16 Orient Red
"Sparky"

Hi Fellas,
Just got this from my Dealer today

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html
Still trying to figure out "Registration Deletion Mode" as the 3+ doesn't have a screen. I will have another go at the phone tomorrow. :(
Big John

"Registration Deletion Mode" is entered by going through step 1 and step 2. No screen necessary.

Registration deletion Mode

Buzzer sounds according to the number of the registered wireless LAN devices.
"Registration Deletion Mode" ends 5 minutes after the buzzer sounds.

No registration : 1 beep
1 device has been registered : 2 beeps
2 devices have been registered : 3 beeps

Good luck!

vickers7893 said:
Hi Fellas,
Just got this from my Dealer today

Still trying to figure out "Registration Deletion Mode" as the 3+ doesn't have a screen. I will have another go at the phone tomorrow. :(
Big John

You don't need a screen!

All of the button presses shown in the instructions you have downloaded refer to presses on the lock and unlock buttons on your key fob but only after following the rest of the instructions (hazard flashers and all that).

JimB

Many Thanks to everyone.
Finally managed to register phone again.
Suggest the tech writers let their wives have a look at their scripts before submitting them!!
I think there will be more new owners with this problem as more pre-owned vehicles come onto the market.
Big John :)

GX3+h

MY16
Orient Red
Named "Sparky"
Fitted with Auto Chair 150kg electric hoist for mobility scooter.
Probably one of the last vehicles to be supplied on the Motability Lease Scheme (now removed)

Back