Remote Electric Heating Question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maby said:
TimSmith said:
Please accept my apologies if this has been asked before... Is it possible to set the remote heater if the vehicle is NOT on charge?

I've tried to set it from the console inside the vehicle but without success. Must I use the app and will it work even if the vehicle is not plugged in?

Many thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

Tim.

Yes, it is possible, and yes, you must use the app.

Thank you very much for your answer. That is really helpful.

at the moment i can't connect the app, but programmed the on screen timer and the car was plugged in, but for some reasons didn't preheat...not sure why..
do you have to do something different when using the timer on the MMCS screen?

I think you have to unplug it while changing the timer onscreen and then plug in again afterwards.my car gets upset sometimes if I turn it on whilst plugged in.
H

Don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or not. I have a problem with remote heating using the app, some days I set it for 20 minutes and it works fine, another day I do the same and it says "sending" , I go out to the car and nothing is happening, look at the app and nothing is happening there, if it's working an icon appears showing red bars and air flowing, if it's not working there is no icon. This seems to happen when the outside temperature is low (-5 or lower) anyone had the same problem?

Mar 2017 GX4HS

outlander660 said:
Don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or not. I have a problem with remote heating using the app, some days I set it for 20 minutes and it works fine, another day I do the same and it says "sending" , I go out to the car and nothing is happening, look at the app and nothing is happening there, if it's working an icon appears showing red bars and air flowing, if it's not working there is no icon. This seems to happen when the outside temperature is low (-5 or lower) anyone had the same problem?
It's possible your phone is automatically reconnecting (probably to your home WiFi network) and losing the car connection. I find the app works most reliably if I first manually connect to the car network (which will be called REMOTExxxxxx) and then start the app. Mine's an Android phone (Nexus 6, Android 7.1.1) FWIW.

outlander660 said:

Mar 2017 GX4HS

As Chris mentioned the App needs to connect to the Wi-F- SID: REMOTExxxxxx.

The Icon on the top left of the Phone screen must be in Blue to be communicationg with the PHEV Wi-fi.

Once you key in the Heat requirement remotely, the phone must respond with Complete if the command was sent successfully.

On occasion I have to close the PHEV Remote II, set the Wi-fi Network to my Home Network. Move to part of house that is closest to the PHEV, Restart the PHEV Remote II and then the App will usually connect with a Blue Icon indicating that it has successfully connected to the PHEV Wi-fi.

Thanks for the tips, from what I can see the phone is connected when I have this problem, usually the car will hijack the connection and I have to go in to connect to the wifi network, I'll have another fiddle the next time this happens and try your suggestions.

Mar 2017 GX4HS

Same problem again yesterday, phone connected to car, showing blue icons top left, set to 20 minutes heat, phone says completed ans suddenly nothing happened, had to go out and turn the car on and set it to heat manually, ICE started and cut out after 10 minutes leaving the electric heater running. Complete mind of its own.

Mar 2017 GX4HS

Back