Removeble ? towbar

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyP

Had the PHEV about a month now and all in all enjoying the experience

As you would expect when changing to a new vehicle it takes a bit of time to figure it all out

Anyway I ordered the removeable towbar option from mitsubishi, thinking that when not in use I could simply remove and store in one of the cubby holes in the boot.

Having spent the best part of 3 weeks trying to figure out how to remove the thing am hoping someone on here could give me some advice. There is a round knob on the right hand side that you can push in and turn through 180 degrees clockwise and there are two plastic eyes that you can put your fingers through on the left.

Anyone any ideas ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZnuhKOvmx8
I watched this YouTube video and it was simple when you know how.

Thanks for the link - was pretty much what I have been trying to do

went and tried again but no joy - cant seem to turn the knob far enough round to get it onto the red - will give it another go in better light tomorrow. At lest I know what I am supposed to be doing now rather than just guessing

Thanks again

Usually to undo, you turn something anti-clockwise. Which is not the case here with both key and knob.

You push in and turn but might need to give the whole thing a slight push up/backwards too. Be careful because when it does fall out it is darned heavy...
H

Back