Replaced the traction battery's modules - success

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice work! I need to get the MUT-III myself so I can do my own DBCAM and other diagnostics as required, and perhaps eventually do CMU/cell module replacements if/when needed. I already have at least one J2534 VCI cable for other uses, I'd need to test it with the driver that is for sale for this car; very strange and sad that we need to get support tools from other parts of the world to do basic tasks like replace batteries/modules!

How did you go about your A/C recharge, DIY with your tools, or have a local shop handle it?

Last edited:
Thank you,
A/C was taken care by a local shop.
Nice work! I have done the same with my 2015 and as you say it drives like new. I put a larger pack in mine and have found quite a few other benefits too.

With regards to the AC, did they use the correct insulating oil?

“The oil spec is MA68EV (i.e., non-conductive POE, rather than the usual conductive PAG oil). Refrigerant is the usual R134a. MY2019 has the newer R-1234yf refrigerant in some countries, but not in Europe.”

Nice work! I have done the same with my 2015 and as you say it drives like new. I put a larger pack in mine and have found quite a few other benefits too.

With regards to the AC, did they use the correct insulating oil?

“The oil spec is MA68EV (i.e., non-conductive POE, rather than the usual conductive PAG oil). Refrigerant is the usual R134a. MY2019 has the newer R-1234yf refrigerant in some countries, but not in Europe.”

HI, When you mention putting a larger pack in , is it a larger traction battery pack from the latest Outlander PHEV ?.
I was given to understand that latest model traction battery packs are not compatable with earlier models like my 2016 PHEV.
Regards,
Terry

You are right Terry Yates from NZ. It is like flogging a dead horse
Also Mitsubishi has left the UK in 2018 and probably never coming back. I trusted the brand and now have been let down. You cannot buy any more new Mitsubishi cars in the UK. They have it in Germany but it is left hand drive. I know in Australia, NZ and Japan, they drive on the same side as us...in Japan, it is the way of the Samurai.....

HI, When you mention putting a larger pack in , is it a larger traction battery pack from the latest Outlander PHEV ?.
I was given to understand that latest model traction battery packs are not compatable with earlier models like my 2016 PHEV.
Regards,
Terry
Hi,
No I replaced the cells with larger cells which has a lot of added benefits. Currently working on a service to provide people with degraded packs and upgrade to take the car back to original. Also by putting in a larger pack it won’t degrade as fast as it isn’t working as hard, takes fast charging much better (not that it’s really fast charging), has better response and get a bit more distance than original.
Terry, I see you’re in Auckland also.

You are right Terry Yates from NZ. It is like flogging a dead horse
Also Mitsubishi has left the UK in 2018 and probably never coming back. I trusted the brand and now have been let down. You cannot buy any more new Mitsubishi cars in the UK. They have it in Germany but it is left hand drive. I know in Australia, NZ and Japan, they drive on the same side as us...in Japan, it is the way of the Samurai.....
Hardly "let down" - they reportedly never made a profit here (no doubt hampered by the Colt Cars franchise contract) and their new partnership with Renault apparently precluded them from re-entering the UK market. Businesses are required by law to be profitable over time and are not social enterprises. They exist for the benefit of their shareholders not their customers, although the best way to please the former is by pleasing the latter but not at any cost! 😎

Back