Return to EV mode after gas engine starts

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont bother with EV mode ever. IK live in Canada and in the winter months it wont even go into EV mode until the engine has warmed up enough.
So why dont I bother? Because my 2020 model has what is know as 'Series' mode which by the ay is automatic. ( I am no technie but I experience it daily.)
What that means that even when the battery is exhausted and the engine runs the engine under normal conditions charges the battery (without being 'switched to 'charge') and the battery drives the wheels. However if you need to put yur foot down the engine will immediately star to drive the wheels not via the battery.
The long and short of this is that I just drive and my fuel economy never exceeds 9.oL/100 km. and that is doing 115/120 kmp/h on the highway. I have over 65,000 km over 3 years. I do use cruise control to try and keep under 120. Yes I drive on the highway most of the way. If I know I am going into Toronto ( heavy stop/start driving I either 'save' half may battery ( +- 15 km) or if empty i just bear with eth stop/start scenario. Hope this helops

This does not work on my US 2020.
I find on my 2023, once the gas engine turns on it will run for 5 min or so no matter what you do. I think this is to prevent condensation forming before the engine is fully heated. Some members on the forum doubt 5 minutes is long enough to fully heat the engine.

Back