Reversing bleepers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonPaul

Have I got these on my 2018 PHEV? I can't find a way of bringing them on if I have? Anyone know about this? Maybe some models just have the camera?

Hi JonPaul,

On my car, the proximity sensors for that system are painted the same colour as the car, but are still quite visible.

They look like little targets (concentric rings) and stand slightly proud of the plastic bodywork.

There are definitely some models that don't have them, because forum members have discussed after-market options.
(In the UK I think).

If you can find the sensors, that may indicate a blown fuse or module in the car.

Note that there is a switch to temporarily turn them off while the car is in reverse, but it resets every time you come out of reverse.

On your model, I think that button has a letter P and a traffic cone on it.

If you have that button on the dashboard and the fuse is OK, it's possible that a previous owner had installed another switch to turn the sensors off.

There isn't normally a switch to turn them off permanently.

Location of sensors on mine:

4g8r8cU.jpg

AndyInOz said:
but it resets every time you come out of reverse.

I don't think it does. IIRC, and I do this a lot as I often carry a cycle rack on my tow ball, once you turn it off it stays off until you turn the car off and on again.

Ah. That's an improvement over mine.

When I'm backing and filling my kayak trailer, I have to turn off the sensors every time I go back into reverse (because of the insane beeping due to the presence of the trailer).

I'm still regretting not purchasing the socket that turns off the beepers when you plug in a trailer...

My socket doesn't have that feature either (on my 2016) MY, but a few years ago I bought one that does have a switch in it but haven't got around to fitting it (it will require a bit of rewiring to interrupt the power to the ultrasonic sensors).

Thanks for this - it explains the mystery! I don't have the sensors in the rear bumper so that's why there's no bleeping in reverse!!!!!

Not all levels and years have them. In the US/Canada market, the parking sensors are optional even on the top GT trim. Mine doesn't have them, for better or worse. I find the 360-degree camera very helpful, but I wouldn't mind the sensor to be honest.

If you have them, there's a button that allows you to turn the parking sensors (or at least their sound) off.

Back