Seems we're getting a bad rep.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu said:
What would happen on a rapid charger if you hit the emergency stop button?

Presumably it would just shut down and stop charging the car it was attached to?

I'll try that next time ;)

tlongdon said:
That's strange.
I tried to unplug the LEAF (I could see on the dash it was full).
The IKEA/ecotricity machine wouldn't allow my card to end the charge going to the LEAF, and I was unable to remove the LEAF's cable from the car.

How did the Leaf driver manage to disconnect you?

Don't know perhaps they phoned Ecotricity and they remotely disconnected it.

Just done some googling, and I think you *cough* have to use the ES button to disconnect the other car..... :twisted:

They didn't say it, but 'read between the lines' as they say..... ;)

Well, it is a big emergency, a Leaf driver getting in a paddy because he wants to charge and he feels you are taking his space... :lol:

About public charging points (They are all free in Sweden)
If there is enough space and the previous car is fully charged, do you think it is rude to diconnect the finished one without asking and connect the CHAdeMO to your own car?

You probably cannot as it has been locked in with the card of the owner.
Basically this is an infrastructure problem. Not enough public chargers. A bit cheeky to pass the buck to the end user.

Kim said:
You can download them.

Deutsche Version: http://e-auto.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ladescheibe.pdf

Nederland versije: http://e-auto.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/laadschijf.pdf

English version: http://e-auto.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/chargingdisc.pdf

Version française http://e-auto.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/disquedechargement.pdf

Australian version: http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/2PKHF2Q1/file.html

I think this is a great idea. I've downloaded it and will print it out and use it. I still haven't recharged away from work or home, but can see the concerns.

The disk works in the same way as the parking disks used in Harrogate, which allow 2 hours free parking, if you use the disk to state your arrival/departure time.

Hi,

With the Ecotricity chargers in the UK you need to use the same card that started the charge in order to stop the charge and disconnect the cable. Once it has completed the charge to 80% it can be unplugged without a card.

Kind regards,
Mark

I drive a Leaf, and a car left on a quick charger with no one in it drives me nuts. If it was a car with a 2.0-litre gas engine, I'd probably lose my damn mind.

pkulak said:
I drive a Leaf, and a car left on a quick charger with no one in it drives me nuts. If it was a car with a 2.0-litre gas engine, I'd probably lose my damn mind.
And I thought most people with green credentials were chilled, and very laid back. If your Leaf is powered by Drax power station (or similar coal fired powered station), you're probably less green than you thought, and less than a 1.2L petrol supermini driver.

pkulak said:

See the perils to mental health of driving an all EV car :eek:

pkulak said:

Why should any EV driver have to sit in the car while it charges? It won't charge any slower if you've popped into a service station for a coffee.

pkulak said:
Can't see why there needs to be someone in it. As said above, it doesn't charge any quicker whether you're sat in it or out getting a coffee. However, if you meant "and charge was completed" then yes I would tend to agree, though it's irrelevant whether there is an engine under the bonnet or not.

Out of interest pkulak, how long does a LEAF take to charge from empty?

I was always surprised by the use of the name LEAF, as my grandad drove a LeaF from the 1950's onwards. A British car with reasonable racing heritage, my grandads Lea Francis was a saloon with front suicide doors. Easier for him to get out of with his fixed hip, after a shrapnel wound from a bomb dropped on London.

The forum won't let me spell the old cars shortened name correctly. It should read L ea F.

MHS said:
Out of interest pkulak, how long does a LEAF take to charge from empty?
The only time I wanted to get a charge from my local IKEA (my son was playing football nearby), I pulled in at 9.15am to find a Leaf charging. Hung around to see if the driver was around or not (IKEA opens at 9.30 btw), and he did eventually return about 9.45. Leaf was still charging then... he disappeared again and it didn't finish charging until after 10.00am. So that's 45 minutes to get from empty (presumably) to 80%....

Back