Self levelling headlights

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaapv said:
I am still dithering about additional lights, I do not think they will survive for long in town.
Have you considered fitting one of the many 'light bars' as a more discrete way of getting extra help for the main beams? They are available in curved varieties and should fit nicely into the lower grille.

Something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191232466083?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

jaapv said:
My PHEV has been replaced, and so far the new PHEV has none of the computer glitch problems as seen in my original car. Very interesting that your car had interactions with wiper/washers and the headlamps. This would suggest that Mitsubishi needs to rework the car firmware and find the fault. Just imagine if an accident with fatalities was linked to loss of headlights caused by a now known fault that has presented in more than 1 PHEV. Might be on opportune time to fix a few more of the known bugs as well. So far it seems like all the tech crew have managed to change in the firmware is how long the heating can be remotely controlled for.

BTW the self leveling HID on the new PHEV are awaiting testing. Had to wait for some sonic animal deterants before I do night time testing. I had the original PHEV almost 6 months before it was replaced, and have only had the new one a few weeks. I will be looking at mods to the self leveling as it is really not as good as well adjusted fixed beams.

They may not be as good, but self-leveling is a legal requirement with HID lights in many countries.

The manual is quite clear that self leveling of the HID low beam lamps only happens when the car is stationary. I will be raising the issue with my dealer, as all the PHEV Aspire models I have driven, do adjust the light while driving and this is clearly not what is supposed to happen.

Back