Servicing options…

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankhill

Polling for opinions on servicing. We’ve had our 2015 facelift 4hs since August 2018. First annual service in our ownership was done by a Mitsubishi main dealer as the car was still within its 5 year warranty, and I was horrified at the cost. Since then I’ve had it serviced and MOT’d yearly by our local garage, but just basic oil change services. It’s still only done 31,000 miles.

I can change air/cabin filters and spark plugs myself, and I certainly don’t need to pay a garage to top up fluids, but I would leave brakes and other stuff to a garage (did those myself too when I was younger!)

Next annual service and MOT is due in a few weeks; is there anything other than an oil change that I should get done? I believe there are no regular service items in the PHEV part of the car but are there any simple routine checks on the PHEV parts that I could ask the garage to do?

Part of the servicing schedule is to check the connection of the cable connections to the traction battery and drive units. This should be done every 2 years, and involves loosening the connectors and re tightening to the correct specifications.

As this involves the Drive battery system, the vehicle needs to be made safe, and suitable PPE and safety procedures must be used, by qualified EV technicians

Back