Shark Fin Aerial

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanks

Has anyone replaced their aerial with a shark fin one. Is the quality as good as the original (especially DAB)?

Any recommendations?

I have Frost white so standard white should hopefully match okay?... Any thoughts welcome.

:D

Someone on here has, but I can't remember who. I asked what the reception was like but never got a reply. I presume from that, that it wasn't too great. But I'd like to use one too, as I have to remove the standard aerial to get in and out of the garage. I tried a small "bee-sting" aerial, but it was hopeless.

hi
don't shoot me if I'm wrong but I don't thing DAB runs of the roof aerial.. I had great reception in the car-wash a few items now when the aerial was removed.
I didn't try the FM band to be honest, as I never use it, but my first thought was that DAB runs on a glass aerial (or similar)
so if you, like me, don't use the old FM band shark fin should be fine.. but then again I may be completely wrong, and my car-wash is just close to the DAB repeater antenna..

Not a shark fin but this stubby seems to work for the Phev according to the first review. I'm tempted but would prefer a fin...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RALLIART-ALUMINIUM-ANTENNA-MITSUBISHI-OUTLANDER/dp/B00DQNCWN6/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt#customerReviews

don't think, that DAB runs over some other antenna/aerial.
was just a view days ago at my dealers point and saw a new Outlander (ICE) with a shorter and thicker aerial (about 15 cm long and not ca 30 cm as mine).

but this outi wasn't equipped with DAB...

My GX3 h came with a short stubby aerial which I would guess is around 15cm long, it is nowhere near 30 cm long. My car does not have DAB.

Back