Should I upgrade my 2018 PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTPHEV

My 2018 is coming on 6 years old. I have around 57,000 miles on the car which has been great. Easy to run and low maintenance costs compared to German autos. My question is whether I should replace/upgrade to the 2024/2024 model. My only real complaint is the relatively limited range on electric, typically 12-14 miles.

You have to do the math to see if it's worth it, but the new one is bigger, shinier, more luxurious, has better range, and more power.

My 2018 is coming on 6 years old. I have around 57,000 miles on the car which has been great. Easy to run and low maintenance costs compared to German autos. My question is whether I should replace/upgrade to the 2024/2024 model. My only real complaint is the relatively limited range on electric, typically 12-14 miles.

Honestly I wouldn't. You may get 2x the range (or close to it), but with the 2023+ there are more scenarios where the engine may come on. There is no engine heater in the 2023+, there is only the heat pump, and that does seems to need more assistance from the ICE in colder temps, thus triggering the engine. You can also not use regenerative breaking above the B3 level with the battery at >=50% without triggering the engine. The seating position also feels very different due to the more straight hood on the 2023+ - you don't feel as high up. At least that was my experience. I didn't like it. I have a 2018 and my next vehicle will likely be a fully electric one.

Back