speedometer error

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ThudnBlundr said:
On previous cars I've used a clip on the airvent to mount my phone when using it as a satnav, which had the beneficial side effect of also keeping it cool. I can't use it on the PHEV, though :(
Why not? it is the way I mount my phone.

greendwarf said:
Is that an app on your 'phone? I stopped using the phone as a SatNav as it got very hot with prolonged continuous use - probably contributed to partial demise after a year. :lol:
Yes, works as SatNav, traffic jam and obstructions/hazards warning, police/ambulance alert, fixed speed trap warning, community-based mobile speed trap warning, etc., and GPS speedometer. Strictly legal. I rated it five stars. Functions in most of the EU, even partially in the UK.
https://www.flitsmeister.nl/
My IPhone has no heat problems with its use.

Sounds very much like Waze, which I was using on a Galaxy S4 Mini - probably not designed for continuous screen use. I'll give this a look if I get a more modern 'phone for the car. Thanks.

jaapv said:
ThudnBlundr said:
On previous cars I've used a clip on the airvent to mount my phone when using it as a satnav, which had the beneficial side effect of also keeping it cool. I can't use it on the PHEV, though :(
Why not? it is the way I mount my phone.
Because the vent is actually on the driver's side of the central screen, I can't mount it there without it being too close to the wheel and clouting it every time I use the paddles or the LH stalk. The passenger side is too far away for me

No trouble there, I have it on the door-side vent and as it is not on a stalk just 1 cm from the dashboard, no problem at all.

jaapv said:
As soon as the car loses the front vehicle it will give you a double beep to warn of the speeding up to maximum set speed after one second. In stop-go traffic it will disengage when the car comes to a full stop (double beep and make sure you hit the brake against creep!* FCM won't work on a creeping car :( ) Without vehicle in front it will act the same as the basic CC.

*IMO this is a design fault; the car should revert to N in this situation.

Thanks for your detailed description of the ACC, all of which aligns with my understanding.. While I may be accused of hijacking this thread, having just purchased my first Mitsi PHEV, 2019 model new, 3 weeks ago, after owning 3 Subaru Outbacks over the last 12 years I am very disappointed with the Outlander ACC.

The constant "beep.. I can't see a car in front" (who cares, that means the road is clear, so it is ok to go up to the set speed) and forcing the driver to stand on the brake every time the traffic comes to a halt (surely the car can do that for me?) is REALLY annoying. Subaru has had adaptive cruise control for many years without these annoying irritations...

Sigh, the car is really great in almost all other features, so this annoyance (or lack of mature design) is just acceptable..

I find the beep useful.
For instance, the car may lose the car in front in a bend, and it has saved me several times from speeding up unexpectedly in that situation.
As I said, it also prevents tailending the car in front in stop-start traffic, which is a very useful application of ACC. As said, that is correcting a design flaw.

Back