Spotted!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hypermiler said:
Has no one spotted a PHEV for so long? I haven't seen one for ages - just wanted to bring this topic back up to the top for all those newbies that have joined recently.
Cheers
H

I guess we are simply not bothering to repeatedly report the same vehicles? There are a couple of other PHEVs in our area and I see one or other of them two or three times per week, but you wouldn't expect me to post here each time, would you?

A blue one swooshed past me while I was walking in Canary Wharf yesterday, and there was a grey and a black one stuck in the traffic on the A20 coming into London this morning. (I was on a motorbike)

On 25 Feb 2014
Saw a White PHEV on M4 near Junction 2 coming out of london 4PM.

And saw another white PHEV at M4 Junction 2/3 Heston Services waiting for Thrive, I knew THRIEV not give up so easily they hold the charger atleast 1hr. So I didn't wait for the charging.

On 27 Feb 2014
And this Morning there were Two THRIEV cabs standing at Heston Services going into London. I decided not to wait again.

These THRIEV CABS are eating Tax Payers' money.

Grey PHEV in Tesco car park, Saffron Walden this morning. I was in the pearl white one whispering by.

I know this is an old thread and that there are more and more PHEV's on the roads now but I had a surreal parking moment earlier this week.

Took my daughter to ballet lesson in a small town just on outskirts of Bradford. I parked up roadside and on the other side of the road was an identical black PHEV and there was a white one in the car park next to me. I'd had taken a pic if I had remembered my phone - to have 3 parked up virtually next to each other (and no charge point in sight) was note worthy I thought!

So, I arrive at Amsterdam airport last night and when we go to my colleagues car in the car park it is, as predicted my me, full of PHEVs.

Colleagues asks if unlike most Dutch people, I actually charge mine up, or just have it for tax benefits - I of course tell him mine is plugged in right now at Heathrow!!!

BUT - I arrive at my event at Den Bosch today (at the 1931 centre) and believe it or not there is a white PHEV in the car park, but it is a 14-reg British one.

So I am submitting this as a 'spotted far from home' ;-)

Spotted a PHEV yesterday at Heston Services, it was Nice speaking with you and shared experience of using Regen Breaking :)

And Spotted one more today morning at M4 Junction 11 round about.

And spotted one more today morning at Newbury Moto Services.

Lots and Lots of PHEVs spotted theses days.

Beejay - my OH was also in Amsterdam on business on Tues night/weds and told me there were loads of phevs (which of course we already know from jaap). When he got in a taxi on arrival at the airport, the taxi behind them was a Tesla! He was gutted he didn't get in that one! Wonder who the white UK one was...
H

Sunday 15th lunchtime - a blue with personal plate ending CAR at Dalton Park shopping centre near Seaham - I was plugged in but made sure I moved when finished in case they were waiting to charge...
H

Hypermiler said:
Beejay - my OH was also in Amsterdam on business on Tues night/weds and told me there were loads of phevs (which of course we already know from jaap). When he got in a taxi on arrival at the airport, the taxi behind them was a Tesla! He was gutted he didn't get in that one! Wonder who the white UK one was...
H

It was a 14 reg - don't think we'll ever know. Full of PHEVs over here of course - two plugged in charging outside the station in Den Bosch...

I am seeing more and more in the UK now too.

Stepped outside my front door yesterday and a blue PHEV pulled up opposite. I pointed to mine and said "Snap!". The driver came over and shook hands. Turned out to be a Jehovah's Witness with his canvassing team. Saving the planet in more ways than one, I suppose.

Spotted two grey/silver PHEVs in Cardiff IKEA on saturday afternoon, one in a charging bay (not plugged in) and one in the disabled bay nearest the doors.

Hypermiler said:
H
One of these taxi's, maybe?
653907.jpg

WOW! :eek:
You never see them here - there aren't that many charging stations (certainly up our neck of the woods anyway). Apparently there are 167 Tesla taxis at Schiphol (OH just googled it!).
Cheers
H

A flurry in Cartmel, Cumbria!

Just using the LEAF to take the dogs for their usual walk, parking in Cartmel Racecourse car park and followed a white 14 reg in, identical to my own Outlander. On my return from the walk it was still parked up and then a black 14 reg example circled the car park and followed me as I drove out.

Could you please resize that photograph to about 900 pixels wide?

anko said:
Hypermiler said:
H
One of these taxi's, maybe?

Spotted a White PHEV on the way to Heathrow T4 (or Heston) this morning ;) That yellowish DRL is so out of place with that shinning & stunning white.

Must change to LED as soon as I got the car ;)

On the M6 south coming off onto the A14 about 7am yesterday there was a car carrier with 4 black PHEV's all marked up for Thrifty car rental. Good to see the car being chosen as a rental option.

Back