Spotted!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chindley said:
DrSlackBladder said:
Haven't seen too many in the Chester/North Wales area in recent weeks, but a blue one last night at 5pm at the A483/A55 roundabout (reg ending FXM) and another blue one this morning at 8:25am on the A525 at Wrexham Industrial Estate (reg ending DEK). I can't wave though; I'm still driving my 520d until November 4th! :x

I am going up to llyn Peninsular next Sunday and only picking the car up on Saturday, so if you pop out on to the A55 about 1pm you can wave and then post on here. :p

I'll keep a look out, I will be on the A55 Sunday. What colour are you getting Chindley? I'm still painfully waiting for November 4th....my car is sat at Oswestry Mitsi dealer waiting for me :evil: When I finally get my hands on it, I'll be the Atlantic Grey with plate VX64 SPA!

jayfdee said:
aitchjaybee said:
seen a couple more on the road last couple of days. This morning arriving at Woking leisure centre as I left at 10am a grey 64 reg (who didn't wave back. :cry: I'll forgive them as car park was heaving and needed a bit of concentration I guess). Also a white 64 reg in Windsor on Wednesday 17th at 6pm Windsor A308 though suspect they may not reply to this post as they sped past the line of traffic i was in (my lane straight on only) them using the right turn only lane and cut in at the last second to save 1 minute of queuing! :roll: That's the trouble of having a distinctive car! There's no way they were going to get 5 eco leaves for that journey (or even 3 i suspect!)

Re the inconsiderate driver,I think many company car drivers are getting a PHEV purely for the BIK reduction, they probably do not care about the ECO features, some may have swapped from a BMW and not changed their habits.

I'm one of those BMW drivers who's changing to PHEV mainly to save on tax; but I also hate middle lane hoggers! ;)

Around 10.15 today near Alne Cross. black NV14 - think must be the one I saw in Easingwold the other week. Waved madly but was almost past. I need to get better at recognising them. Also saw a white outlander yesterday but didn't see if it was a phev (hardly ever see the diesel ones either - if it was, I was leading a pony in a bright pink coat! (I was wearing the coat, not the pony!). Wish someone would "spot" me... how sad am I? (don't answer that)
H

I've seen a couple around Grimsby, 14 plates, no 64's yet but like above I am rubbish at spotting them though I think one and I managed to do the wave to each other...either that or they were waving to someone random whilst parked up at the sports centre

Hypermiler said:
Around 10.15 today near Alne Cross. black NV14 - think must be the one I saw in Easingwold the other week. Waved madly but was almost past. I need to get better at recognising them. Also saw a white outlander yesterday but didn't see if it was a phev (hardly ever see the diesel ones either - if it was, I was leading a pony in a bright pink coat! (I was wearing the coat, not the pony!). Wish someone would "spot" me... how sad am I? (don't answer that)
H
Not likely to spot you from up here I'm afraid Hypermiler! We usually holiday in your neck of the woods around Easter-time, but my Head of Holiday Accommodation has booked somewhere in Derbyshire next year! Maybe if we head back up the A1 we'll be able to wave...

Was opening up the shop yesterday morning and spotted my first one wafting by! Same colour as mine, couldn't tell the spec but clearly a man of taste and distinction!

A59 in penwortham heading into Preston. Might be some competition for the charging bays in the local multi story now!

Andy

Following some of these posts on here recently, I guess it's delivery day for a fair few today......on my way to work this morning I saw one blue and one white within 100m of each other, heading north to Chester on the A483 from Wrexham.

Spookily, I went to collect my wife from the station yesterday afternoon and found myself parked next to another powder blue PHEV with a driver who was also collecting his wife/partner... we did a double take, then laughed.

Saw a white one the other day in Grimsby, other driver thought they were the only one in the town! Sorry to disappoint :)

Wahay! Was followed by another white one (RK14 ***) this morning through Lindford and Bordon in Hampshire. If it was you, sorry I didn't wave - wasn't sure it was a PHEV until we went our different ways...

Spotted my first Scottish one on Friday, just outside Dundee on the way down from Aberdeen.
Maybe thought I was nuts with slowing down and staring, but I don't know how to sign ' I'm getting mine next week' with my hands :)

Great thread this :D

As mentioned elsewhere.....a few weeks ago, blue PHEV spotted in Consett on no1 roundabout.....turns out it's Casper, who's joined here recently :mrgreen:

Passed a black PHEV in Cherry Hinton, Cambridge yesterday. I think we were both too surprised to wave (mine is white).

I normally struggle too, but today saw my only local one - black - we passed each other at about 3 mph going round parked cars - I knew straight away it was the phev so got my best waving hand out. The lady driving didn't even see me. I was less than 1m from her face and she didn't even look as she went past. I was gutted. Was hoping to have my first fellow phev driver "moment". :cry:
H

Hypermiler said:
I normally struggle too, but today saw my only local one - black - we passed each other at about 3 mph going round parked cars - I knew straight away it was the phev so got my best waving hand out. The lady driving didn't even see me. I was less than 1m from her face and she didn't even look as she went past. I was gutted. Was hoping to have my first fellow phev driver "moment". :cry:
H

Perhaps we need some sort of recognition signal...

My uncle, now dead, was a long-time (and often dissatisfied) Volkswagen driver. He user to moan because other Volkswagen drivers insisted on making silly hand signals when they met on the road - there was a sort of hand motion that made the shapes of a "V" followed by a "W" with the fingers. Usually he ignored it but when he was particularly peed off with the car, he would reply leaving out the "W"...

Spotted a blue PHEV going into Blackburn via the guide roundabout on Monday morning around 7am. It looked nice and the lights looked smart in the half dark conditions.

Charnock Richard Services, (Chorley) mine is on the left as you look at them :D

2r7o9hd.jpg

Back