Spotted!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday 6th Dec A52 Radcliffe on Trent, Black, plate NCE??? pulled along side at the Lights. Are you on the Forum?

It is still working in the UK.. :mrgreen:
I kept a statistic over the last few weeks. One PHEV every 7.85 Kms when driving along...

Spotted one of these at Heston Services yesterday.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/byd-e6-hatchback

Interesting that they don't seem to appear on any of the EV sites anywhere.

Not that I'd want one, as Angus doesn't gibe me range anxiety!

We followed a white one out of the Medway Tunnel today - it went down the hill into Chatham town centre - we turned into the marina.

Getting to be a few of us around now, took the car down the A3, M27 & A35 to Dorset and back yesterday. must have seen 4 or 5 and wasn't really looking.

Had I had a proper public place charging cable would have had a my Black and an Atlantic Grey parked side by side on the 1st floor of the Monson Road car park at Royal Tunbridge Wells today.

Drove from Norfolk to Kent today. One definite sighting of a blue one on the a11. Possible phev, grey one, on the m11. Still not seen loads around though.

I see another White PHEV today at the roundabout at the top part of Folkestone around 15.20 we spotted each over and smiled as we passed paths :D

It certainly feels like a club being in a PHEV ;)

Ozukus said:
Had I had a proper public place charging cable would have had a my Black and an Atlantic Grey parked side by side on the 1st floor of the Monson Road car park at Royal Tunbridge Wells today.

Think that was me :) If you managed to see the car later you would have seen a parking ticket on the windscreen :? My sister paid on an app but the stupid system didn't log the correct reg, Happy days :)

Just in case you don't know you need a "Charge Your Car" card for that one but it is free.

Parked next to a black 14 reg at Morrisons Boroughbridge this afternoon (not in a charging bay) -they'd gone when I got back to the car but I don't think they'll be on here as their mirrors were folded in despite the freezing weather!!

But, on my way back to the car I happened to be behind a family who also had a blue 4h! Had to say hello (I am turning into my Dad who would tell any stranger his life story) and asked how they were getting on with the car - pointed them in the direction of the forum. First real-life phev owners I've met. I was a bit over-excited - sorry to that family who were innocently getting their NYE shopping in!
H

Hypermiler said:
Parked next to a black 14 reg at Morrisons Boroughbridge this afternoon (not in a charging bay) -they'd gone when I got back to the car but I don't think they'll be on here as their mirrors were folded in despite the freezing weather!!
H

I'm a bit confused by this. Why would having mirrors folded in despite freezing whether impact whether they are forum members?

Paule23 said:
Hypermiler said:
H

I'm a bit confused by this. Why would having mirrors folded in despite freezing whether impact whether they are forum members?
Confuses me too.

Re mirrors - have you not seen the advice on here to turn off the auto-fold on the mirrors in freezing weather? Sorry to confuse you!
Happy New Year!
H

Hypermiler said:

H

I fold my mirrors in. Does this use a lot of Electricity? Am I causing global warming, as Drax power station might supply us. Luckily in Penistone we are more likely supplied by the many local windmills!!

Hypermiler said:
Re mirrors - have you not seen the advice on here to turn off the auto-fold on the mirrors in freezing weather? Sorry to confuse you!
Happy New Year!
H

Something I have not seen discussed here (and discovered by accident) is that three presses on the lock button on the remote will fold the mirrors in if you forgot before you turned the car off.

I leave mine open at the moment, until the freezing weather is over.

After the drivers side wouldn't unfold due to cold, twice! I decided it sounded a bit 'graunchy' when trying to unfold, so would be better to leave them open rather than do damage. ;)

Aha, all becomes clear. Just need to consult the 400 page manual to find out how to turn the auto fold off! I've found a button that folds them on demand but not how to turn the auto off.

Paule23 said:
Aha, all becomes clear. Just need to consult the 400 page manual to find out how to turn the auto fold off! I've found a button that folds them on demand but not how to turn the auto off.

With a GX3, I fear it is a trip back to your friendly dealer...

Back