Swap speaker for phone calls?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodge

Hello there,

I'm driving the PHEV facelift version since +/- 2 weeks.
I'm from Belgium, driving position is thus on the left side.
Strange enough, the speaker that manages the phone calls is the right one. Would one of you know if this can be changed in the settings?
When driving on national roads, this is not an issue, but once driving on the highway, I hardly hear anything.

I used to drive a Ford Smax before, and there, both speakers were used for the calls.

I'm series 1, red and photo comes through left front speaker!
Help
Mike
4hs, protection pack, rubber mats, boot liner and dog guard
Whole ratify LED upgrades ready to go

I have quite few cars with hands free kits and all of them use the speaker from the passenger side for phone calls. One of the kits was retrofitted professionally (a parrot kit) and I asked the installer why the passenger side speaker was used, he told me that it was to do with the noise cancellation to prevent feedback from the speaker to the microphone. Not sure how true this is.

rodge said:
Hello there,

I'm driving the PHEV facelift version since +/- 2 weeks.
I'm from Belgium, driving position is thus on the left side.
Strange enough, the speaker that manages the phone calls is the right one. Would one of you know if this can be changed in the settings?
When driving on national roads, this is not an issue, but once driving on the highway, I hardly hear anything.

I used to drive a Ford Smax before, and there, both speakers were used for the calls.
You do know that you can control the volume? I have never heard the complaint that somebody could not hear the speaker in this quiet car, although the fact that it comes from the passenger side has been remarked on. In my previous car (Ford -based system) the calls came from both speakers as well, though.

jkh112 said:
I have quite few cars with hands free kits and all of them use the speaker from the passenger side for phone calls. One of the kits was retrofitted professionally (a parrot kit) and I asked the installer why the passenger side speaker was used, he told me that it was to do with the noise cancellation to prevent feedback from the speaker to the microphone. Not sure how true this is.

I guess it's possible, but I had rather assumed that most modern handsfree systems used frequency shifting for feedback suppression - it's much more effective.

jkh112 said:
You do know that you can control the volume? I have never heard the complaint that somebody could not hear the speaker in this quiet car, although the fact that it comes from the passenger side has been remarked on. In my previous car (Ford -based system) the calls came from both speakers as well, though.

It is absolutely fine when in normal driving conditions, only on highway with the engine running that it gets disturbing.
I have not yet played with the volume during the call though, I will make some changes at next "long" trip.

Back