Tailgate speed

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll dig out the 2016 manual tomorrow...but all I remember is umpteen paragraphs of warnings and conditions and caveats: really difficult to actually find out what to do!! And not just for this. The worst manual I've EVER seen!

I borrowed a manual from my dealer before mine was delivered. I was almost afraid to get in it after ploughing through all the warnings, notes and cautions! :(

Agree the manual contains loads of superfluous warnings, but that is just a by product of us living in a nanny state whereby every single little thing needs to be warned about, cautioned and explained in case someone decides to sue Mitsubishi because they didn't realise that following the Sat Nav and driving into a river was a bad thing, and this wasn't mentioned in the manual.

If you ignore (or skim read) the warnings then personally I think the manual isn't too bad, its pretty comprehensive and better than some I have had in the past whereby the manual has been very sparse on details.

It could be worse, if you've driven in the States, you'll be aware of warnings engraved on (convex) rear view mirrors that: "OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR". I always need to restrain myself from adding: "AND THEY ARE BEHIND YOU".

My favourite warning in the manual is the one that mentions not giving a SD Card containing music to a child in case the child swallows it...

Gee thanks for that.

The manual does not specifically mention to avoid driving into a the red hot lava flows of volcano, so that must be fine.

Back