Tesla charge point? Newbie owner help?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penster

Can a phev use the TESLA supercharge points at the Bluewater shopping mall in Kent? they say they are type 2, but offer 120w. The official mitsubishi site seemed to indicate they could use type two but wouldn't supercharge, but i don't want to make the car explode... Anyone know or able to point me at good layman sites for the basics on how to get the best from this beast? The instruction books are a bit technical for me...

I think the short answer is no! I think there are discussion on going about opening up their chargers, but as yet, as i understand it this has not happened!

As I understand it the PHEV "pulls" in the charge from a Type 2 at a rate that suits it - hence there is no difference between the home installed 16A & 32A in terms of how long the charging takes. It is only the CHADEMO Rapid Chargers that bypass the PHEV controls and slam it straight into the battery. Therefore, from a technical point of view, any type 2 will be OK.

However, the previous post indicates that you can't access the Tesla chargers yet unless presumably you can borrow a Tesla RFID card to operate the charger.

Back