Test drive done

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy123

Very impressed - comfy, quiet and easy to drive. Surprisingly pokey as well.

So I'm now about 70% sure I'm going to swap, if I can get the right deal. I've got an offer for a pre-reg (but new) one from an internet broker, but I've given a couple of local dealers the chance to have a go - I've said I'll pay up to £40 a month extra to buy from a dealer I can look in the eyes, but I want a service pack and a towbar chucked in. The other variable is do I do the deal pre-March 1st (if they'll do me a better price) or wait for the 15 plate - I'm not terribly worried about the plate but I guess the resale price may drop when I come to swap in a few years (but then so will my trade-in).

So now we wait to see who blinks first... :p

I did similar. Found an internet price and went to the dealer. They couldn't / wouldn't match the price on a new one but came close on a used one (all of 200 miles on it) but threw in towbar, service pack, protection pack and safeguard. Always prefer a physical dealer so seemed an obvious choice.

Well one of the local dealers has said he can't get close, so we're down to one (which is where I bought my wife's ASX from) or t'internet chap now.

Is the internet dealer new-car-discount? I know they have been pushing a 4 in grey.

It is worth noting the NCD and also offer everything the dealer can which includes service pack, towbar and 5 year warranty

Been also on carwow and have had some healthy discounts so I will see how it all works out over the next couple of weeks

It is NCD, but they're saying late March (possibly because it's the hs I want). I got my current car from them and to be honest it wasn't the best experience, but I think that was maybe more to do with the car I ordered (Discovery with a few extra bits so it took AGES to arrive and they missed a pretty key option I'd ordered) than them, so wouldn't have an issue buying from them again.

Ordered from local chap - costing me £30 extra a month, but that's near enough, and it includes service pack, paint protection and towbar - so GX4hs in grey ordered.

Now waiting for a delivery date, they're hoping for early March.

Andy123 said:
Ordered from local chap - costing me £30 extra a month, but that's near enough, and it includes service pack, paint protection and towbar - so GX4hs in grey ordered.

Now waiting for a delivery date, they're hoping for early March.

Good choice! :D

still await delivery another 2 weeks approx seems ages since test drive might have to do another to refresh my memory of the drive.

Back