Test drive duration

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently changed from BMW 520d SE Tourer at 21% BIK to PHEV at 5% BIK.....I have personal fuel allowance and am a 40% tax payer...the monthly tax savings are over £300 !!!!!

Yes, for many UK drivers the MPG saving is nothing compared with the tax saving as a company car. As a self employed person I can write off 100% of the purchase price against my income in the first year rather than depreciating it. Very nice for our cashflow.

CJ

Some years ago I drove past a Land Rover dealership and there was a Range Rover demonstrator on the forecourt,I called in on spec to book a test drive and the salesman handed me the keys and said help yourself.
I came back after 30 mins and expressed some interest,the salesmen casually said just take it home for a few days and see how you go on,I did and returned a few days later and bought the demonstrator.

jayfdee said:
Some years ago I drove past a Land Rover dealership and there was a Range Rover demonstrator on the forecourt,I called in on spec to book a test drive and the salesman handed me the keys and said help yourself.
I came back after 30 mins and expressed some interest,the salesmen casually said just take it home for a few days and see how you go on,I did and returned a few days later and bought the demonstrator.

Presumably at a very significant discount because you had put so many miles on it! :)

Mitsubishi Commercial / business lent me a GX3 for 4 days as it was a company car. The good thing being it convinced me I can do my 22 mile commute on batteries alone.

I am looking to purchase a new SUV type vehicle and have had a Nissan X-trail out for Thurs-Mon evenings and an Outlander PHEV out from Fri to Mon evening.

Managed to put 600 miles on the Nissan and about 500 on the Phev.

I took an unaccompanied 3 hour+ test drive not too long after launch from our local relatively small independent dealer...no problems although it was booked in advance after first taking a look at their showroom example. When I returned about 4 months later for a further refresh of my memory they had both a GX3 & 4 as demo cars. No problems at all with extended tests.

Back