The clock and GPS navigator changes time occasionally

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steepndeep

I have a 2016 car and during the summer vacation we are touring Germany, France and Spain. Allthough the MM navigator has a truly horrible user interface we have used it and after fiddling in the correct address it works OK. A few days ago driving south in Germany I relised I had made up significant time as we now seamed to be arriving 1 hour before what was given when we originally started. That excitement died quickly as I also saw that the clock was set back one hour. Wondering what was going on whilst navigating Autobahn traffic I after another 45 minutes saw the clock being set back 2 hours and correspondingly the predicted arrival time. During the last week this has been occuring roughly every second day and always being set back exactly 1, 2 or 3 hours. Never more and never being set forward. After an unspecified time it settles back to correct time.

Anyone having any clue to what is going on????

My clock go to the wrong times occasionally, then a bit later it is ok.
Also, when the clocks change it can take up to a couple of days to catch up.

Quirk!!

If I remember correctly you can set the car either manually or via RDS signals from the radio.
I once bought an RDS updated alarm clock thinking that this would be perfect as it would automatically update the time when I travelled abroad. When abroad it was great but back home in Suffolk it would change to European time even if I set it manually. After a couple of weeks I got fed up with being woken up an hour early and stopped using it.
So the issue could be with the radio signal and it possibly getting swamped or confused with a signal from across the Channel. This could be due to atmospheric conditions.

Back