the front windscreen

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

less than 3 months old, got a pin hole chip with an eighth of an inch inch crack, hardley noticable till you clean the window, hope we do not get anymore.

anyone else got chips on the windscreen, no idea when or how i got it.

jaapv said:
Have it repaired; it will save you replacing the windscreen later.

And if you in the UK and have a comprehensive insurance, normally fixing a small chip is free.

Compared to my CR-V the windscreen is more upright and shorter on my PHEV, I had to get a more compact car cam to avoid blocking too much vision and boy! does it collect bugs!!! splat, splat splat... can see me cleaning it every 2 or 3 days. Can't be very aerodynamic as the airflow over the windscreen usually carries a fair number of bugs over it.

gwatpe said:
MMC has provided a 5L washer tank to aid in bug splat removal :lol: :lol:

True but either I need to fill it with Hydrochloric acid... or maybe drive a bit slower? :oops:

I got a crack from a flying stone within a month of receiving my PHEV. Couldn't be repaired, so had a new windscreen fitted a week ago. Still getting the odd squeak from the new screen bedding in. Hoping that it calms down soon. Autoglass have said that they will come and do a warranty inspection if it continues. Cost £75 on comprehensive insurance cover

Don't forget that a large chip or a crack into the wiper swept area is a MOT fail in the UK. My BMW was failed for such a crack in the solid black surround hidden from the driver's view by the rear view mirror!

Back