The longest 4 months of my life .......

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highspen

Eeek! It's here at last. Sitting on my drive and plugged in. My Atlantic Grey GX4hs has been delivered two days early to avoid the 1st September rush at the dealership. It is registered on a '64 plate which means that I cannot legally use it on the road until one minute past midnight on Sunday night :(

For those unfamiliar with the UK social stigma/fixation on vehicle registration dates, we incorporate the year of first registration within the vehicle number plate so that it is instantly recognisable how old a vehicle is (unless you posess a personalised number plate). The plates are changed twice a year on 1st March and 1st September - this year is 14 & 64. It is meant to stimulate sales in a very consumer oriented society, by being seen driving in a new car and it is very effective because I have clearly completely bought into it :oops:

I have to say that Atlantic Grey (called Titanium in other markets) looks much better on my drive than it did under the showroom lights. All the UK marketing literature shows the light blue colour which the marketers were convinced would be the largest UK colour, however my dealer says that buyers have made their own point and they have not bought any.

Teas and refreshments are being brought out to me as I sit out in the car trying to make sense of the MMCS :shock:

Great stuff. That's very interesting on being able to tell the car age from the number plate. Personalised plates sort of kill the meaning a bit though.

Picked up mine on Friday afternoon and very happy so far. Like others have said, the manual is pretty hard to read (obviously translated from Japanese and then formatted very badly) so I just went through every option manually on the MMCS. Think I have it fairly sorted now, though bit of a pain that some of the more interesting things you want to use more often are buried in the menu system.

Nice how the phone app also has some of the MMCS options in there so I can lay in bed at night and go through them remotely. Enjoy the wait!

Got my 64 plate delivered today by a 30 stone man! I cringed as he got out of the drivers seat with the leather squashing to a pancake. Thank got it regained its sponginess again after he left. I thought it would have come on a trailer but he said they don't do it that way anymore. Absolutely loving it up to now, feels a lot nicer inside than I remember 3 months ago, and it also feels more comfortable.

:lol:

I suppose he could have been smoking and eating honey sandwiches in dirty overalls - think yourself lucky!!
You may find your car has a bit of extra headroom! (or is now powered Flintstones-style!).
H

Maybe I'll be in a minority with a blue one then. I rather like the blue, and my last car was silver so I wouldn't have wanted the same.

Back