Towbar wiring Phev 2017

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvotterdijk

Hi everyone,

I have a 2017 PHEV with PDC. I installed a towbar but got stuck with the wiring.

The electric kit that came with it, has no plug and play harness to connect anywhere to. There's just cables coming out of the black module box, that I need to connect 'manually' (see pic1). I know the functions of the colors.

I found the harness in the left rear of the car that's there for trailer wiring (see pic2), but for this harness, I have no clue which color is doing what. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Roel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 50
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 53
Sorry mate, I've looked over the photographs from when my towbar was fitted, and there's nothing in your pictures that resembles mine.

In my case, they popped off a side cover, next to the tailgate motor, and plugged the new harness into the plugs there.

From where you are, I suggest that you find the functions of the wires you can see, by probing the plug while you have a light activated.

i.e. put on right indicator, find which wire gains power, then left indicator, then brakes, then sidelights.

You could do that with a multimeter or a test probe (you can even get little screwdrivers that are also test probes).

Thanks!

AndyInOz said:
Sorry mate, I've looked over the photographs from when my towbar was fitted, and there's nothing in your pictures that resembles mine.

In my case, they popped off a side cover, next to the tailgate motor, and plugged the new harness into the plugs there.

From where you are, I suggest that you find the functions of the wires you can see, by probing the plug while you have a light activated.

i.e. put on right indicator, find which wire gains power, then left indicator, then brakes, then sidelights.

You could do that with a multimeter or a test probe (you can even get little screwdrivers that are also test probes).

I'd suggest throwing away the generic loom that came with your towbar, and buying the dedicated plug and play wiring (you can get either Mitsubishi accessory, or IIRC aftermarket such as Westfalia).

Thanks, I came to that conclusion as well ...so that's just what I did earlier this day!

littlescrote said:
I'd suggest throwing away the generic loom that came with your towbar, and buying the dedicated plug and play wiring (you can get either Mitsubishi accessory, or IIRC aftermarket such as Westfalia).

Back