TPMS and 4 hour reset of trip

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chindley

Found this article on a Mitsu site and may or may not be viable with the Outlander. I notice there is a setting for turning on/off Tyre Pressure monitoring and also disabling the 4 hour reset of the trip computer.
http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/etacs-options-customization-40223/

Hi,

I may be a bit slow here, but I don't see why you would want to turn TPMS off if you actually have it?

As for disabling the 4 hour auto reset, we already have that in effect by using the manual mode. I suppose there might be an advantage of having two manual modes but probably isn't worth hacking your car for.

Kind regards,
Mark

It was actually the possibility of turning the TPMS on if it is already available on the vehicle but not activated but you would need the correct sensors on the tyres anyway. But from that thread apparently it is annoying that in winter you keep getting warnings when the tyre pressure drops with the cold so people want to turn it off.
I thought from other threads that the MPG was resetting after 4 hours and was annoying that you couldn't get an accurate MPG reading? Has that been addressed now?

chindley said:
I thought from other threads that the MPG was resetting after 4 hours and was annoying that you couldn't get an accurate MPG reading? Has that been addressed now?

Two things. The car has one trip fuel readout that resets after 4 hours. It also has a second trip fuel readout that only resets when you press the reset button. This works perfectly and I use the manual reset button when I fill up to give the average consumtion for that tank.

The problem with the consumption readout not being accurate is that it can't display better than 99.9mpg (unless you swap to km/l and back again) and doesn't update reliably when over 99.9 using this bodge. Leaving it set to km/l seems to work fine. Using this I had it displaying about 400mpg after one 35 mile trip.

Kind regards,
Mark

Back