TPMS and switching from Winter to Summer wheels

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymie

I have winter tyres which are meant to be on the 2nd setting for TPMS.

I have now switched to my original wheels (which should be setting 1), is there anything I need to go to switch the vehicle back to using set 1?

I'm half expecting the TPMS warning to kick in once I have driven far enough.

The garage cloned the tpms identity on my second set of wheels so there is nothing I need to do. I suspect that is the case for you too as you have had no warnings.

If you do get a warning, you should change the active set using the settings. Long click on the dashboard mode button when idle and possibly also the handbrake engaged.

Long clicks changes things, normal clicks moves to the next option.

where is the setting in the menu for TPMS, been looking through the main menus and the hidden service one on my 16 model but can't see any option for it.

I don't think however that my dealer cloned the id's (although they may have) they specifically said that they mapped the new wheels to the 2nd id. But either way I can't complain since they did not end up charging me despite checking the car for flood damage at the same visit (very deep puddle caused a lot of temporary warnings to be triggered)

success, there are two sets of menu on the 2016 model

One from the touchscreen where the hidden service menu is reached by being on the info page and pressing info along with the right hand musc arrow, the one for the TPMS was on the small dashboard screen and it looked like the long press of the button to switch between menus got me into a settings menu where I found my tpms set to option 2 and I have changed it to 1 now so hopefully when I drive the car next it will detect the correct wheels (I swap the wheels myself so have not yet driven any distance on the summer ones)

Back