Travel to France with new( to us )MY15 PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko954

Wondering if anyone has advice or recent experience?
We have just purchased our PHEV and it will replace my old Volvo XC90 on a trip to France which is two weeks away. The trip will involve a euro tunnel crossing and a 6 hour drive to and from our accommodation.
I am aware that we can charge at the euro tunnel ports but what might we expect to find in the way of charge points on or near the French road network? Is there a good website that will provide charging info?
I assume that I will need some form of access card?
Thanks in anticipation
Jacko

Jacko954 said:
Wondering if anyone has advice or recent experience?
We have just purchased our PHEV and it will replace my old Volvo XC90 on a trip to France which is two weeks away. The trip will involve a euro tunnel crossing and a 6 hour drive to and from our accommodation.
I am aware that we can charge at the euro tunnel ports but what might we expect to find in the way of charge points on or near the French road network? Is there a good website that will provide charging info?
I assume that I will need some form of access card?
Thanks in anticipation
Jacko

There have been recent posts about this (can't remember where) but is it really worth it en route? Even with a rapid charger you're not going to get better than 20 miles - probably less at autoroute speeds. If you really want battery in reserve then Save when you leave the Tunnel or Charge while driving - yes, you'll use more petrol but do you want to make a 6 hour drive even longer. ;)

I did regret not getting a Shuko adapter - after I arrived and found a handy external mains socket I could have used :oops:

Back