TYRES

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDE

Having done 20,000 miles on the original set of tyres I am looking to replace them shortly, nice new tread for the winter!

I have always used Michelins previously, has anyone used the Primacy 3 on their Outlander?

Does anyone have any other suggestions from mainstream tyre manufacturers?

Many thanks.

GDE said:
Having done 20,000 miles on the original set of tyres I am looking to replace them shortly, nice new tread for the winter!

I have always used Michelins previously, has anyone used the Primacy 3 on their Outlander?

Does anyone have any other suggestions from mainstream tyre manufacturers?

Many thanks.

How about trying a set of winter tyres? - as with your mileage you must do quite a lot of miles over the next few months - see Winter Tyres threads for recommendations.

This won't help you I'm afraid, but the new Michelin Cross Climate should be available in 18 inch wheel size next year.
It appears to be the first genuine summer+winter tyre and to use the cliche, a gamechanger.
I'll be looking to replace with than when the time comes.

Sounds interesting but it isn't really the first, surely. All weather tires have been around for a long time. I has them on my old Mondeo Estate and the wear characteristics seems much much better than the specification suggested. Bridgestone A001 I think.

The Michelin Cross Climates have been declared a 'game changer' by independent testers.

Previous all weather tyres have been a very obvious compromise in terms of their performance related to 'Summer' and 'Winter tyres', in other words nothing like as good as either in their respective seasons.

The new Michelins are based on their low rolling resistance summer tyres and perform just as well as those in all respects and in addition the winter performance is stated to be around 90% of the performance of the best winter tyres.

Depending on the price when the 18" versions become available I'll seriously consider switching to them for permanent use.

Apart from anything else it saves the initial and ongoing cost and hassle of buying, storing and changing two sets of wheels.

JimB

Claymore said:
Apart from anything else it saves the initial and ongoing cost and hassle of buying, storing and changing two sets of wheels.

Ah, the advantages of living in the South East of England.

Yes - my Continental Crossmax UHP are supposed to have run-flat properties. No warnings (except when one is running flat, I suppose.)

Neverfuel said:
jaapv said:
It might be wise to get run-flat tyres as there is no spare.

Has anyone got experience of putting run flat tyres on, if so what make and model. Does it cause any warnings?

It might be worth a look at this thread in the Modifications and Accessories section this post;

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1829&start=10

I have no experience of this but I wonder if, after a run flat is punctured, there would be similar issues due to the different rotational speed of that wheel?

JimB

The car will display warnings, I'm sure, but you will need the tyre to be replaced within 50 miles anyway. (and keep to a maxspeed or 50 MpH)

Back