(UK) who has best scheme to join for public access charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muddywheels said:
That makes sense JSC :cool:

I am hoping during week to charge from home and stay within battery range. I will go further at weekends and that's when I may need a lead if I can find free charge points as paying for electric seems as expensive as petrol :?

I would appreciate advice on how find free chargers :mrgreen:

Have you check the Zapmap site and app? It's not perfect, but it is a start https://www.zap-map.com/live/ and it does give some indication of any costs levied for charging.

I have looked at that and found some in York where we shop so I'm going to check them out :cool:

I will then decide if I stick with 80% fast charge or buy lead for 100% charge - have found a lead for £110, may need card £20pa if app doesn't work and then 15p/kW so might be cheaper on ICE :?

Purely financially (ignoring any feel-good factor from saving the planet), I find I get just over 3 miles per kWh. Domestic electricity costs me around 10p/kWh, so £1 of electricity takes me just over 30 miles, which is also about what I get from a gallon of Esso's finest that sets me back around £5. So, even if you pay 15p/kWh, it's still 3x cheaper than go-juice.

Also getting 3 miles/kW and paying 10p/kW at home too - definitely enjoying the feel good factor :mrgreen:

I've calculated this = equivalent to 150 mpg using electric but not sure how many mpg I will get on petrol yet :?

By my reckoning the lead will pay me back after 26 uses if electric free but if paying 15p/kW it will take about 40 and may only use it couple of times a month so payback will take some time :geek:

Back