unable to connect Samsung Note 4 via Bluetooth

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7smudger

Hi
Im new to this board having just picked up a new Phev 3h last week.
The first thing I am struggling to sort out is connection to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I would be surprised if this wouldn't work as its a current model phone.
I have successfully hooked up an old iphone but each time I try the Note it returns with a 'unable to connect' .
A quick google showed that others have had the same problem and one solution was to use the app 'Bluetooth Auto Connect' but I tried this and I couldnt see how this works.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Picked up my Executive Edition (Dutch) last weekend and the Dealer was nice enought to help me getting my phone connected as part of the delivery. I have a Galaxy S5.
What I noticed was that we had to try a couple of times. The last time we enabled bluetooth visibility on my phone. The last attempt was succesfull obviously. Works fine with streaming spotify and making calls.

My wife's Galaxy Note 4 works fine for calls. I don't think she's ever tried playing music from it. My Note 3 works fine in all respects.

Hi,
I picked up my Outlander yesterday and spent quite a while trying to get my Galaxy Note 4 to connect on Bluetooth as well. Eventually after about 5 attempts (where it seemed to get to a different point each time before failing) it connected and streams and handles calls fine.

Sorry no magic bullet but just an encouragement to keep trying ;)

Steve

Thanks for the replies.
I have just tried again about 10 times and still no connection, we also tried a colleagues HTC and nothing. The message we get from the speaker is' connection failed'

Is talking to the system the only way to do this? its a 3 not a 4 so we dont have the flashy head unit.

Hello all, picked up my new PHEV last week and i am unable to connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 at all.
Tried different things like making my phone 'visible' and also another S5.
Still get the message registration failed.
An iPhone is connected successfully.
So the probleem seems the combination of PHEV and S5.
Is there already a solution for this?
Thanks in advance, Dave

Hi
Sorry to hear about your problem. I shared the same frustration with my Google nexus 5 whilst my nexus 4 connected in the first go.
After several weeks of trying I factory reset my phone I.e
Wiped it blank to as it were just out of the box. Imported my contacts and some basic apps only and then connected it to the car without a problem.
I think there was something installed affecting its ability to connect.
Now the samsung has its own version of software and bloatware installed so this may not work with you.
4 months on I still waiting for my dealer and Mitsubishi to contact me with a fix as I have not told them the problem had been resolved.
A drowning man clutches at straws. Give it a try and let me know.

Thanks for your reply. I have done a factory reset of my phone and strange enough the connection was successful after the second try.
Now it works fine so far!

ddo said:
Thanks for your reply. I have done a factory reset of my phone and strange enough the connection was successful after the second try.
Now it works fine so far!

I am very pleased you have managed to get it sorted. If mine is a.similar example, you should have no further trouble.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and PHEV GX3h

Phone initially connected via bluetooth and worked perfectly for about 4 months. Now it will connect/disconnect every 2 or 3 mins. now trying to work out what's changed on the phone or if something is malfunctioning in the cars bluetooth.

Back