update frequency

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phever

ive had my car since september, and in that time there has been a grand total of 1 update to the system via the app. it brought the ability to use the pre-conditioning of the interior for 10, 20 or 30 mins, as opposed to 10min. great, as it was needed in my opinion, but i'd like to see faster innovation.

i don't think it would be unreasonable to expect monthly updates to the car software via the app, to bring some of the functionality mooted on this forum, among many. ev only, tweak the ICE engagement settings, tweak the multimedia system, etc.

Most of the functionality you are referring to would not be implementable via the user update path. That path only supports updating the remote control functionality built into the MMCS. Things like EV only mode, sticky save or sticky anything else, ICE control parameters etc. will all be implemented in the firmware of the various microcontrollers scattered around the car - they will require special In-circuit Programmers to implement the updates. It may be possible to update them via the CAN Bus, though I doubt it.

We may still have to end up working out our own solutions as Mitsubishi have no published bug fixes or option updates strategy.

gwatpe said:
We may still have to end up working out our own solutions as Mitsubishi have no published bug fixes or option updates strategy.

Seems very optimistic to me without access to the source code for all the controllers. A few hacks will be possible - such as the sticky save you've proposed elsewhere - via hardware mods - but these will be pretty much limited to automating things that can already be achieved by pressing the right buttons. Things like a forced EV mode are going to require firmware hacks.

Back