Updating the SatNav maps

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apyds

OK; this maybe a thread because I am lazy, at work and can't be bothered to have a look at my manual, see what type of SatNav is installed and then google.

However, anyone who has been a bit less lazy than me already, can you please confirm where I can purchase map updates, speed camera points, new maps etc for the SatNav on the PHEV please.

I am finding the SatNav is really bad around my area and doesn't even have my postcode in its directory! I do not live in some remote desert before anyone asks :D

Done about two hours worth of research now and still can't find it. I know its a Navman satnav but don't know what make or model so can't even email Navman. Nothing on the net after doing a google.

When I was on my test drive, my dealer showed me the two SD card slots behind the screen and said the "User" one can be used to update the maps.

I asked where you could get these from and he said the dealership sells them - though I have to admit he wasn't totally confident on all this.

Might be worth a call to them?

Hope they don't charge too much :shock:

You would have thought a brand new car would have up-to-date maps at the time you buy it?

R

It's a Denso unit and it uses the KIWI format for updating the software. Many have tried to unpack and modify the software but failed. The unit will not accept the modified software, probably since the KIWI file has to be signed using a signature owned by the manufacturer.

The user SD card slot can be used for storing MP3 music. When updating the maps they probably replace the "MAPS" SD card or update it from a DVD.

Back