Upgrades and modifications

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidEJM

Just looking at some of the messages and questions on the issue of which charge point to have fitted and having a history of building and modifying cars ;) it occurred to me that someone at some time is likely to offer modified or upgraded on-board chargers, maybe even Mitsubishi themselves!
Now, I'm not suggesting that this would be done during a warranty period (unless it was offered by Mitsubishi) but it is an interesting thought.
Anyone else had the same thought?

I went for the higher capacity charge point for this reason, I reckon it is worth the gamble. Same I imagine with the onboard power outlet socket that we don't get, it will only be a matter of time before some company finds where the Japanese model plugs into on the vehicle and develops a kit for it. Hopefully!!

chindley said:
I went for the higher capacity charge point for this reason, I reckon it is worth the gamble. Same I imagine with the onboard power outlet socket that we don't get, it will only be a matter of time before some company finds where the Japanese model plugs into on the vehicle and develops a kit for it. Hopefully!!

I hope they find it soon - I'd love to use it!

Here in US, they are already starting selling such kit. It can be bought even with online stores like with 4wheelonline, ebay and the like. I agree make sure to have one after your warranty have expire just to be safe.

Back