USB and Cig. Lighter charger under armrest don't work

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EchoVictor said:
I have a slightly odd issue with regard to the 12v and USB plugs. I have a couple of devices which plug in to the 12v in order to charge phones etc (usb outlets). Power is definitely getting to the device, but no power is then coming out of them to the phones. They work fine in other cars. USB under the armrest is also not supplying charge when a lead is plugged in there. Any thoughts?
AFAIK USB 2.0 is always 5V/500 mA.
USB3 is 5V 900 mA.
But a USB port is rated to withstand 5A. So Mitsubishi may well have some USB ports out of spec to allow a higher maximum current.

stef63 said:
I have a similar problem, checked fuses 7 and 23 which are for 12v power outlets, fuse 23 is for the 12v socket on dash and i am assuming fuse 7 is for the othee sockets. but these fuses checked ok.
But the 12v socket inside the arm rest does not work but the usb does either when plugging phone in to charge or usb memory stick with music on.
What could be causing the 12v socket not to work, also when getting phev 2 week ago i found out the radio controls on steering wheel dont work which means i dont have working bluetooth.
Any ideas welcome
thanks
If you got the car two weeks ago it is the dealer's job to sort it for you.

Back